Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am having the Goodman CPLT30 and AEPT36 installed and I want to take advantage of the Dehumidification feature of the Air handler and my installer has recommended the following thermostat.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Honeywell-Vi...QQcmdZViewItem

That is one expensive thermostat. Will this thermostat work perfectly with my system and is this a relaible thermostat??

My installer also stated this was an easy thermostat for them to wire up to my system and that is another reason they want me to use it.
    I was wondering if the A/C unit has been sized corectly I should not really have any humidity issues and I could go with a cheaper focus pro thermostat??

What do you guys think?? Is this thermostat overkill??

Originally posted by collins8
    Is this thermostat overkill??
    Nope, just installed another one yesterday.

Skip the Vision Pro, it won't do it. Go for the W-R 1F95-391 or Carrier's Thermidistat. Actually I believe Amana sells the W-R under their name, not sure if a Goodman dealer can get it or not.

Originally posted by collins8
    I am having the Goodman CPLT30 and AEPT36 installed and I want to take advantage of the Dehumidification feature of the Air handler and my installer has recommended the following thermostat.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Honeywell-Vi...QQcmdZViewItem

That is one expensive thermostat. Will this thermostat work perfectly with my system and is this a relaible thermostat??
    That thermostat has it's own demudification feature and won't take advantage of the dehumidication feature of the AEPT.

What that thermometer does is when the humidity is high, it will run the AC up to 3°F below the temperature setpoint to extract some more humidity before turning off the AC.

That's different from the AEPT method which is to decrease the blower speed by 15% when humidity is high. But it requires a humidistat to be wired to the AEPT control board and is independent of which thermostat you use. (Unless you use the thermostat BaldLoonie mentioned.)

[Edited by go_redskins on 10-30-2005 at 02:57 PM]

Is that the link supplied to you by your contractor?

You do not need a special thermostat to take advantage of the dehumidification feature on that air handler. Most of the control work is already built into the board that controls the AEPT.

All that is needed is a standard (and inexpensive) "humidistat" (that's right; H-U-M-I-D-I-S-T-A-T) wired to the "R" and "DEHUM" terminals on the AEPT control board. A jumper must be cut for the humidistat to take control.

When the humidity rises above the set point of the humidistat, the blower will decrease airflow causing the coil to cool down removing the maximum amount of moisture from the air.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

My contractor told me it was a vision pro model with built in dehumidification controls. Does Honeywell make a vision pro that will work for me?? I found the link myself on Ebay. I am positive he said he was installing a vision pro thermostat.

Rob

Does the humidistat need to close or open the contact when humidity is higher than desired??

[Edited by collins8 on 10-30-2005 at 07:57 PM]

It's a humidistat!
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

I take it that when the humidity is higher than desired the contact in the humidistat will open and that will open the circuit from the "R" and "Dehum" terminals. When this circuit opens up it slows down the blower by 15%.

Have I got the big picture???

The H8908B should work fine then

http://lib.store.yahoo.com/lib/aller...stallation.pdf

[Edited by collins8 on 10-30-2005 at 07:47 PM]

But a fancy dancy humidstat-thermostat combo like the Thermidistat, W-R or that new Ivensys is more fun

Hello,
    I am getting the same air handler and also was wondering about thermidistats. Specifically "Carrier's ideal humidiy" feature. Is that a function of the carrier brand air handler or their thermidistat. I like the idea of the system kicking on just to dehumidify( especially in the middle of the nite when humidity rises in the house. can i achieve this with the AEPTO air handler. or will i just have the feature of the blower speed being reduces when needed.

Thanks
    Dan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast