Post Likes

Florida House: PLAN Is, Rip Out Ductwork & SEAL Attic

Using a Truck to Pump in Expandable Foam. I Then Plan on using Mini Split Inverters, Mitsubishi or Sanyo for Primary Load.

Here is where it gets Cool, I am an Inventor and have a shop in my house.
    I require A Chiller to cool Water and air so I thought, " Why Not Use A Pool Heat Pump" or a Large Aquarium Chiller then Using tubing, Design a Chilled Water AND Hot Water Reservoir that would be roughly 200 Gallons Each and I can seal them In the Attic as long as I Create Access Doors

Has Anyone Ever Screwed Around With This Stuff?

I was even thinking geothermal or water cooled mini splits and a Custom Cooling Tower I Could EASILY MAKE......

Any Advice Greatly Appreciated!

Post Likes
    I would heat the pool with solar and just install the mini-splits as they are.
    Inverter units are already designed to save lotsa energy, why screw around with that?
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me!

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Post Likes
    I can't remember the name of the company, but there is one that makes a chiller heatexchanger for a standard heatpump.
    I wish I had a $1.00 for every response I deleted.....

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Diceman View Post
    Inverter units are already designed to save lotsa energy, why screw around with that?
    Let me Clarify:

I am Considering USING A Pool Heat Pump as the "Chiller" Since, as long as it has a three way reversing valve, it is a massive "Aquarium Chiller" and you can find them CHEAP.

The downside is they are big.

A 2 HP "Chiller Package" is Roughly the size of a 12,000 BTU Window Unit. The Poll Heat Pump Much Larger.

But, if I am Placing it in my Garage, not outdoors, Does it Really Make any Difference as longas I Don't mind losing space and the additional noise when the Aquastat kicks in.

If I Use a LARGE BTU Pool Heat Pump and say a 600 Gallon Reservoir, It may onl Kick on Once An Hour....

Any Ideas???

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Diceman View Post

I Want to Clarify, There is no Pool, I Was Considering A " New - Used" Unit off Craigslist rated say at 115,000 btu
    ne
    I Would Install this unit in my Garage and Use Inline Vortex Fans Connected Via Flexible 6 Inch Ductwork To Exhaust Hot Air From the Garage Area Of The Home.

I Am Thinking Along these Lines...

INSTALL 3 HP WATER COOLED CHILLER IN GARAGE

FABRICATE A MINI COOLING TOWER OR " PUMP & DUMP" Condenser Water AFTER Maintaining a 'Hot Water Reservoir' Of Roughly 200 Gallons That would feed ALL HOT WATER to the house, And in the future, If I Choose, Install Additional Water Cooled Supply Registers in Individual Roos, Essentially Creating an HVAC System like a Standard Office Building Would Use

Any Ideas?

Post Likes
    Hope your re-enforce your attic. 200 gallons of water will weight over 1600 pounds.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Post Likes
    1600 Pounds is nothing..... Distributed Properly.....

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnySweats View Post
    1600 Pounds is nothing..... Distributed Properly.....

Key phrase. properly.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Post Likes
    Water does not belong in the attic - the potential for damage is great. (I don't like the idea of having a condensate producing air handler in an attic, let alone 200 gallons!)

Call your insurance company prior to experimenting.
    I've discovered a natural law - everything gets progressively worse. Things only break down and become depleted. Life isn't worth living and everything is going to hell.

Death is the messiah. Everything else is irrelevant and arbitrary.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by amd View Post
    Water does not belong in the attic - the potential for damage is great. (I don't like the idea of having a condensate producing air handler in an attic, let alone 200 gallons!)

Call your insurance company prior to experimenting.

Excellent Point.... I May Need to Place it in the closet that the existing air handler is in.
    THANKS!

This is EXACTLY Why I POST!!!