Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Scotsman Purging Too Much!

I have a 2001 Scotsman CME256 which has started filling or purging excessively. When the water temp does not drop, it throws the "Refrigeration" light.

Where do I start?

Thank you!

probably by calling someone that knows what they r doing ... that's my first guess

Thumbs down

Nice! I thought this might be a forum where you shared thoughts or experience instead of insults.

A simple replace the controller or solenoid would be sufficient.

Thanks

lol ... as a diy I figured u changed the board already ... but honestly I didn't intend to sound rude .. sometimes its best to let a pro handle things is all

Quote Originally Posted by sooo shallow View Post
    Nice! I thought this might be a forum where you shared thoughts or experience instead of insults.

A simple replace the controller or solenoid would be sufficient.

Thanks
    A) your post was rather vague "throws the refrigeration light" means what? turns it on, off, chucks it across the room?

B) The rules are clear this is not a DIY forum, and that we are not allowed to tell you how to do stuff that involves refrigeration or messing about with possibly high voltage circuits.

C) in my state, if the machine is hard wired into the power you are not to legally touch it unless you are licensed.

D) purging and filling are two separate operations in an ice machine. Your idea about the solenoid shows that neither were your problem. Which leads back to the no DIY advice here.

Find me a pro in Jupiter, FL and I will gladly hire them. So far only schmucks that charge 110/hr to diagnose...even if it takes 3 hrs, repair on top. Mister Ice Machine for example.

Very rude forum....thanks for you help!

Find me a pro in Jupiter, FL and I will gladly hire them. So far only schmucks that charge 110/hr to diagnose...even if it takes 3 hrs, repair on top. Mister Ice Machine for example.

Very rude forum....thanks for you help!
    I did not see rudeness. I saw some tongue in cheek humor and folks abiding by the rules of the forum.

While your problem might have been the number one concern you had when posting, fact is that it is clearly listed in the rules, that you must have not read, that we do not offer DIY repair tips on this site.

And we don't discuss pricing in the open forums either, nor do we call other companies or professionals out. Hopefully you can find a reputable company to fix your ice machine. If it was my ice machine, I would ask, if I was in business, one of my competitors who they use to service their equipment.

I would also refrain from telling the person/company you finally do find, how much of a "whatever" the last company you had were. That type of stuff does not start a good business relationship very well.

fyi, some ice machine diagnostics take minutes as the symptoms are obvious .. others might take time to occurr ... here's my first question OP .. whens the last time your machine & its components were cleaned using approved chemical?

I have a 2001 Scotsman CME256 which has started filling or purging excessively. When the water temp does not drop, it throws the "Refrigeration" light.

Where do I start?

Thank you!
    Start by reading the manual that came with the machine. If you don't have it ,it is available on their website.

Quote Originally Posted by pdrake65 View Post
    Start by reading the manual that came with the machine. If you don't have it ,it is available on their website.

Everything all right pdrake65 ?

Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post

Everything all right pdrake65 ?
    Yea. Took a break from the site. Finally able to take a vacation this summer ,really busy an hot. I see that they change some stuff here.

owner's manual can be downloaded. Purge is adjustable, and it's in the manual.
    One way to outthink people is to make them think you think. They'll think you're not really thinking what you're trying to get them to think you think...........

Quote Originally Posted by pdrake65 View Post
    Yea. Took a break from the site. Finally able to take a vacation this summer ,really busy an hot. I see that they change some stuff here.
    Good to have ya back. Lots of changes here. You will need to come up to speed. You fell behind.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast