I am about to add onto my house and am putting in new trusses. The problem is the air supply plenum will need to be moved up about 6" from the air handler (the trusses just happen to start where the air handler meets the supply air plenum). I suppose I could move the entire air handler up but this would involve changing the hot water supply and drain piping. Is there such a thing as a flexible rectangular boot (24" x 18") which will allow me to adjust the plenum to where I need it? If so, where can I find this? Thanks in advance.

Yes there is such a connector. It's sometimes refered to as a canvas connector.at any rate it is a strip of material with a strip of metal on either side but as far as I know it comes in bulk rolls and you lay out the fitting and fabricate it yourself. other than that, you'll need to have a sheet metal contractor make it for you.
    Some people swear by me and some at me

FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE!!

Originally posted by concrete-steve
    I am about to add onto my house and am putting in new trusses. The problem is the air supply plenum will need to be moved up about 6" from the air handler (the trusses just happen to start where the air handler meets the supply air plenum). I suppose I could move the entire air handler up but this would involve changing the hot water supply and drain piping. Is there such a thing as a flexible rectangular boot (24" x 18") which will allow me to adjust the plenum to where I need it? If so, where can I find this? Thanks in advance.

if the truses or two short can you just put a two by four on it to make it bigger or move the walls. point is do it right and move the air handler or have it raised up. to make shift is to just look for trouble later.