Thread: heater help!

any help would be greatly appreciated.
    im not really any good at any of this stuff, but my pilot lite went out on my really old 1960's Peerless radiator heater , so i went throught the instructions to re-lit it and it was succesfull the pilot stayed lit , but when i went to turn my thermostat up the burners didnt go on, i waited over 2 hours and nothing ( i had maintence done on the heater last winter, the mechanic replaced the big box aluminum peice where the thermostat wires go and the gas travels through, and it has a black knob on it to turn it off , on , or relite the pilot), i would greatly appreciate ang suggestions
    thanks Pat

Just from what you wrote, did you turn the black knob to "on" when you raised the t-stat after you had the pilot lit? If this doesn't work, call a pro.
    If everything was always done "by the book"....the book would never change.

yea i turned the black knob back to the on position

sounds like you need to have it serviced again. if it is a power pile valve and the pilot or power pile is weeak it will not come on even if the pilot stays lit
    call your heating guy and let him service it so you can be comfortable. it is very important for those older units to be serviced every year and cleaned.