Is this a bad txv

I was on heat pump low side pressure 25psi high side 200 psi, I tried to add referigant, the pressures would not move at all, oa 95 ia 83, compressor would kick out every now and then on thermal overload, customer had put a box fan on comperssor and it would not kick off, HELP

Would need to know all the readings to know if it was a bad TXV or not.

get your post count up to 15 and apply for pro membership. Once accepted, you can ask questions in the pro forums. And get the aid of many pros.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

if system has a txv, chances are thats your problem. had the same situation last week on a ac system. suction was 40, head was 225. pulled apart and evap coil was half frosted up, replaced txv and all was fine

A restriction in the liquid line filter-drier within the condenser would also cause it to pump-down...
    Do not condemn the TXV without further tests.

Compressor needs the cold low-side suction vapor to keep it from overheating.
    Last edited by udarrell; 08-05-2011 at 10:13 PM. Reason: ?Clarity...

What happened when you removed the bulb...if you could (and that has it's tell-tale.)

I will agree, in SE we have been told by manufactures to expect, and we do see bad TXV..in this long term heat...you will see it and most cannot diagonse.

But really...you need to know to how to make it not part of the cooling circuit. In essence, have it pin pointed.