Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: brand bashing

I believe the last two posts are bleed over’s and are not meant to be here.

Originally posted by Lusker
    Gentlemen,

Although we Associates and Moderators appreciate free speech there are factors that will cause us to make the subject matter disappear into thin air. A few of those factors are:

Posting with extreme discrimination (Flame War). Rule # 1

The use of foul language. Rule # 6

Arguing with the Associates and Moderators for doing their jobs. Rule # 7

And my Rule # 13... Don't be a PIA!

Repeated offences will buy you Rule # 5

Brand bashing is not one of them as long as it is kept clean and all blows are above the belt. A little competition is good for the soul.

Thanks from all of us.

Lusker

Brand bashing is not competition, it is however "Posting with extreme discrimination (Flame War). Rule # 1"

Of course I have now broken the "Arguing with the Associates and Moderators for doing their jobs. Rule # 7" which is just a stupid rule

Oops, I guess I did it again.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Wow Robo it seems like you just have to disagree with everyone on here unless they are pro goodman. Why do you argue with everyone? We are exchanging ideas and opinions, thats what this web site is all about. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and if I think goodman is garbage im not bashing the brand, I am simply giving my opinion. If a homeowner asks us what we think about a particular brand and we give our opinion, is that brand bashing. Having different opinions about a product allows the homeowner to see the product from all angles and then make a informed decision. If you were going to buy a car would rely soley on what the bias opinion of the car salesman was or would you want to here from all sides? We are just playing devils advocate here. I am a Carrier dealer and I think Carrier is the best thing since sliced bread. I certainly will not take it personally if someone does not like the product and wants to give thier opinion on it. So be it! Dont break rule 13, lets just all get along!!

Dave in NJ

not brand bashing here but just had to fix another carrier GFA unit what a piece of s###

See now I can be like robo and attack this person or I can be mature and allow this person to speak his mind. See how it works?!

Dave in NJ

My dear RoBo,

"A little competition is good for the soul".

Where did I say that brand bashing was the competition??

The competition is from the back and forth jousting!

Sooooooooo..... That is a rule 13, 7 and I will kick in a #1 on your butt too... !

Originally posted by smadave
    Wow Robo it seems like you just have to disagree with everyone on here unless they are pro goodman. Why do you argue with everyone? We are exchanging ideas and opinions, thats what this web site is all about. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and if I think goodman is garbage im not bashing the brand, I am simply giving my opinion. Dave in NJ
    You obviously don't know squat about me or about my posting. I don't give a rat's behind what people like or dislike, I have my own preferences as well.

The only thing I come down on are the lies that are spouted off on this forum. If you state that a product is garbage and don't have any data to back it up, it may be an opinion but it is an empty opinion.

But, when flat out lies are stated about a product, that is brand bashing and that is what I won't tolerate about any brand.

I have defended many brands on this forum. If you don't understand that then your opinion of me is useless. As of your last post, my opinion of you is that you don't know very much about what you post about. Do a little better research and educate yourself a bit better on HVAC products and I may change my opinion of you as well.

What a corny thread.

Originally posted by Lusker
    I believe the last two posts are bleed over’s and are not meant to be here.

There seems to be several thread about goodmans, brand bashing, and whores. They all make for boreing reading.

Originally posted by smadave
    Wow Robo it seems like you just have to disagree with everyone on here unless they are pro goodman. Why do you argue with everyone? We are exchanging ideas and opinions, thats what this web site is all about. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and if I think goodman is garbage im not bashing the brand, I am simply giving my opinion. If a homeowner asks us what we think about a particular brand and we give our opinion, is that brand bashing.
    -----------------
    (IMHO) Your criticisms of RoBo do not comport with the content of his posts, and are neither justified nor valid.
    The same claims could be said of your posts, --your claims above, could also apply to you and your posts. - Darrell
    ----------------
    Having different opinions about a product allows the homeowner to see the product from all angles and then make a informed decision. If you were going to buy a car would rely soley on what the bias opinion of the car salesman was or would you want to here from all sides? We are just playing devils advocate here. I am a Carrier dealer and I think Carrier is the best thing since sliced bread. I certainly will not take it personally if someone does not like the product and wants to give thier opinion on it. So be it! Dont break rule 13, lets just all get along!!

Dave in NJ
    Quoting smadave - Dave in NJ: "Having different opinions about a product allows the homeowner to see the product from all angles and then make a(an) informed decision."
    -------------------------------------
    Believe me, because of all the service work I have done over the years I could bash a number of high dollar brands to the point of discouraging any consumer from wanting to buy them! However, I will not do that either personally or on a widely read Internet forum.

The problem with your quoted statement is that there is NO way to document the authenticity of your, what amounts to, opinionated allegations concerning various brands’.

You can destroy the reputation of brand/make of equipment by saying anything you want to about it without being held accountable for the validity of your claims!

Mere opinions can be extremely biased, and therefore do nothing to further an informed decision, in fact such opinions, directly hinder the consumers’ ability to make a reality-based decision!

I pray that our Moderators of this forum will continue to allow RoBoTeq to continue to voice his opinion in this forum. For one of his caliber “to be allowed to debate our moderators on this particular issue” is, in my opinion, an important and valuable exercise of Free Speech and an important contribution to the benefit of our industry.

Let us all keep cool heads and debate these issue differences in fair and just ways and means. – Darrell

udarrell
    I pray that our Moderators of this forum will continue to allow RoBoTeq to continue to voice his opinion in this forum. For one of his caliber “to be allowed to debate our moderators on this particular issue” is, in my opinion, an important and valuable exercise of Free Speech and an important contribution to the benefit of our industry.
    Although RoBo does take a few tip-toes through the rule tulips from time to time, he and others bring a flavor to the site that makes it what it is. A place where you ‘can’ bring your opinion and arguably express it. Your Moderators will 'not' be debated when it comes to the rules... beyond that... all is fair play, well… almost all

Hope this helps…enjoy this great weekend.

Yes it happens some people go on about a $200 to $300 test multimeter being necessary but I have observed people highly skilled work with $29-$50 meters make more money and never have trouble than the people with the $200 to $300 meter.

Just so everyone understands the main reason I post so much on these types of threads; It is the best free advertizing anyone could ask for

Everytime someone lies about a brand that I know is a lie, I get the oportunity to take the podium and tell all about that brand.

Please, if I go to work for another manufacturer, please bash it as well.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast