Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: brand bashing

Post Likes
    why dont the moderators of this group just delete any references that could be construed as brand bashing....some posters in here seem to only come to the forum to brand bash....

Post Likes
    The moderators have a “BRAIN”, like Brain Child, , and can distinguish between a debate with facts, and brand bashing. Hopefully this answered your inquiry.

Post Likes
    Hey Corny, I don't brand bash, I just hate Goodman, lol

Post Likes
    Maybe the moderators understand the value of freedom of speech....

Dave in NJ

Post Likes
    Gentlemen,

Although we Associates and Moderators appreciate free speech there are factors that will cause us to make the subject matter disappear into thin air. A few of those factors are:

Posting with extreme discrimination (Flame War). Rule # 1

The use of foul language. Rule # 6

Arguing with the Associates and Moderators for doing their jobs. Rule # 7

And my Rule # 13... Don't be a PIA!

Repeated offences will buy you Rule # 5

Brand bashing is not one of them as long as it is kept clean and all blows are above the belt. A little competition is good for the soul.

Thanks from all of us.

Lusker

Post Likes
    The BRAND without sin cast the first stone!!
    It's NOT the BRAND,it's the company that installs it!!!!!

Post Likes
    Originally posted by heatpumpguru
    The BRAND without sin cast the first stone!!
    Throws a stone for Carrier, just kidding, I couldn't help myself.

Post Likes
    Yeah, back when the 80% afue came out they failed to tell anyone about flue gases and condensation,we took out a bunch to of heaters that looked 300 years old with rust.Lennox has THE PULSE, Glowcore,RHEEM DRUM HEAT EXCHAGERS,York Heat exchangers,Amana HTM's, they all have skeltons,i had a copy of Consumer reports from the 90's and they picked The Pulse, The HTM and the Glowcore as the top picks. That year they were way off.
    It's NOT the BRAND,it's the company that installs it!!!!!

Post Likes
    ah . what's rule no #5

Post Likes

Wink

no post

Post Likes

Wink

Originally posted by green_apprentice
    Originally posted by green_apprentice
    ah . what's rule no #5

never mind i got it.

Post Likes
    I am 100% for doing service work and installations to the highest Best Practices Standards.

Some cannot afford to have their ductwork upsize renovated. However, if you can show them how they can reduce heat-gain/heat-loss enough so install smaller Btuh equipment, this will better utilize its rated Btu/hr capacity and efficiency rating resulting in a much better investment return or PayBack. - Darrell
    http://www.nationalcomfortinstitute....m%20Efficiency

[Edited by udarrell on 10-29-2005 at 04:15 PM]

Post Likes
    No matter how pricey it is, if its not going to be done correctly you have to lower your customers expectations of having a properly operating system. Sorry to say but cutting corners because of price will never result in reliability and performance.

Post Likes
    I believe the last two posts are bleed over’s and are not meant to be here.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by Lusker
    Gentlemen,

Although we Associates and Moderators appreciate free speech there are factors that will cause us to make the subject matter disappear into thin air. A few of those factors are:

Posting with extreme discrimination (Flame War). Rule # 1

The use of foul language. Rule # 6

Arguing with the Associates and Moderators for doing their jobs. Rule # 7

And my Rule # 13... Don't be a PIA!

Repeated offences will buy you Rule # 5

Brand bashing is not one of them as long as it is kept clean and all blows are above the belt. A little competition is good for the soul.

Thanks from all of us.

Lusker

Brand bashing is not competition, it is however "Posting with extreme discrimination (Flame War). Rule # 1"

Of course I have now broken the "Arguing with the Associates and Moderators for doing their jobs. Rule # 7" which is just a stupid rule

Oops, I guess I did it again.
    Training is important!
    Practical Training is a must!

Post Likes
    Wow Robo it seems like you just have to disagree with everyone on here unless they are pro goodman. Why do you argue with everyone? We are exchanging ideas and opinions, thats what this web site is all about. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and if I think goodman is garbage im not bashing the brand, I am simply giving my opinion. If a homeowner asks us what we think about a particular brand and we give our opinion, is that brand bashing. Having different opinions about a product allows the homeowner to see the product from all angles and then make a informed decision. If you were going to buy a car would rely soley on what the bias opinion of the car salesman was or would you want to here from all sides? We are just playing devils advocate here. I am a Carrier dealer and I think Carrier is the best thing since sliced bread. I certainly will not take it personally if someone does not like the product and wants to give thier opinion on it. So be it! Dont break rule 13, lets just all get along!!

Dave in NJ

Post Likes
    not brand bashing here but just had to fix another carrier GFA unit what a piece of s###

Post Likes
    See now I can be like robo and attack this person or I can be mature and allow this person to speak his mind. See how it works?!

Dave in NJ

Post Likes
    My dear RoBo,

"A little competition is good for the soul".

Where did I say that brand bashing was the competition??

The competition is from the back and forth jousting!

Sooooooooo..... That is a rule 13, 7 and I will kick in a #1 on your butt too... !

Post Likes
    Originally posted by smadave
    Wow Robo it seems like you just have to disagree with everyone on here unless they are pro goodman. Why do you argue with everyone? We are exchanging ideas and opinions, thats what this web site is all about. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and if I think goodman is garbage im not bashing the brand, I am simply giving my opinion. Dave in NJ
    You obviously don't know squat about me or about my posting. I don't give a rat's behind what people like or dislike, I have my own preferences as well.

The only thing I come down on are the lies that are spouted off on this forum. If you state that a product is garbage and don't have any data to back it up, it may be an opinion but it is an empty opinion.

But, when flat out lies are stated about a product, that is brand bashing and that is what I won't tolerate about any brand.

I have defended many brands on this forum. If you don't understand that then your opinion of me is useless. As of your last post, my opinion of you is that you don't know very much about what you post about. Do a little better research and educate yourself a bit better on HVAC products and I may change my opinion of you as well.
    Training is important!
    Practical Training is a must!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in