Thread: test

new install

I finally figured it out new trane in my basement its not finished just have to do the return drop. doing all the metal my self.

[Edited by kaiser on 10-28-2005 at 10:56 PM]

Nice looking install.

Metalwork looks great.

Dont really need that trap in the a/c condensate drain line though, it's on the positive pressure side of the blower.
    We've been doing so much,for so long,with so little, that now we can do almost anything, with nothing at all.

Good job on the metal!

Wow.. got enough purple stuff??

I really like that plenum fitting, very sharp looking for sure!

Sure looks like it's posted in the right section, keep givin us pictures to look at.

Yes...very nice tee fitting there. Was that fabricated on the job? Nice work.
    Get back to work.

Well I will be interested to see if you go with an ogee offset or do 2 45's to tie in the return and miss the exhaust and intake flues. I might have run the flues to the other side of the furnace being it looks like they are going that direction anyway in the outside wall joist space. The shorter amount you run your flues in the outside wall joist space the more you would be able to insulate it with more inslation. just my thoughts tho nad being you get to see the whole picture , you may have your reasoning.

I hate that purple primer and have only ever bought 1 can of it. think it was more the fear of spilling it. Over time thinking about it tho and hearing how some cities require it Im starting to change my view. Ok so it looks messier but when Im running pipe I automaticly prime both ends of every pipe or fitting at the same time so I dont forget to prime the opposite end. The only thing is I catch myself doing it over once in a while thinking I forgot it. Now with just rubbing my finger in it , I would know but I just grab the dobber and do it again lol. if it were purple I would know. Now the way they are making us tape or mastic all the duct and fittings joints........is a little purple gonna hurt ?

no i didn't fab it on the job i had to do it at the shop.
    also, i have about 3 feet between the return duct work and my furnace so i have plenty of room to miss the pipe. that return boot is a temp because i have not had enough time to build my return drop and boot. those will also be radius fittings.

Thumbs up

nice job