Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

I am having i big problem since my belt driven oil burner was put in. Thermo pride OL11 low boy. I t was dripping oil underneath the beckett burner from day one. I asked the installer he came but never fixed it. I then asked him to come again he said call your oil man?? It seemed he was a jerk so decided the hell with him as he sent someone a couple times who was not an oil man to fix something but he was clueless and began having a temper so i thought it best to move on. I guess you can say i got ripped. Anyhow have had three oil men here since oct 2003 to fix the leak. One guy said they always leak but watch it, he put a cloth down after fiddling.

(deleted by Mod)-Pricing

Told him about the leak he fiddled and caulked it. After he left there was oil on the bottom again. I called and mentioned it but of course no one writes it on the ticket. It was worse ever since, so he came back today. I had called thermopride saying this is rediculous how I have had to pay people to come fix it. He said he'd call the so called reputable people to see what we could do. Well after much fiddling by the tech he finally figured it was the copper connector tube(he calls it the fuel line) He said it was cracked I say it was not finished properly at one end so it looked jagged.I am convinced it was defective from the get go when it entered the house. it is attached to the furnace motor. Shouldn't this be covered by thermopride. Another question is why didn't any tech look at this first instead each time it was ignored. Is that because its an uncommon problem? plus the guy in july who was just here said it had nothing to do with the burner, when i had asked him if the burner came attached with it and he said yes? I'm getting a buch of lies and they expect me to pay them again for the same problem i had in july.When i was told thermopride would cover it. What kills me it took 5 minutes to fix.I do have an e-mail picture of it but not sure how to get it on here. Just curious on your opinions!

[Edited by Lusker on 10-29-2005 at 09:47 AM]

is it

Is a defective connective tube on the burner a common problem?? It looked like one end was not flared, not finished off. Its a copper line with 2 nuts and supposed to be flared at both ends. Someone please give me some ideas

I think youor talking about the nozzle line from the oil pumps port to the draw assembly.

If so, that would have been a covered warranty item.

Its your contractor that hosed you, not Thermopride.

Call Thermopride, and let them know what was found, they can't pay you back for all the calls, but might be able to get the installer to compromise on some.

Its not a usual problem with new burners, but they shold have found it the first call.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Common practice is to "tighten' the flare nut a little more to stop the leak. Easiest fix is remove the original tube and replace with a new one. Not uncommon for the factory flare to be cracked, misshapened and leak.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by bb50
    [B]I am having i big problem since my belt driven oil burner was put in. Thermo pride OL11 low boy. I t was dripping oil underneath the beckett burner from day one. I asked the installer he came but never fixed it. I then asked him to come again he said call your oil man?? It seemed he was a jerk so decided the hell

This is a great example of why some bids are cheaper than others. Service after the sale. I don't work on oil burners, but I owned one, and I guarantee you it wouldn't have taken me anytime to find/repair a leak like that. I'd report that installing contractor to the BBB for what it's worth, and remember word of mouth goes both ways,so if you hear of anyone thinking of getting a new furnace......]
    If everything was always done "by the book"....the book would never change.

Thanks everyone.I feel this was a bad factory part from the get go.Since it was so jagged and mis-shaped. Where does one turn when even the three other HVAC men could not find the problem. Until the same guy in July who caulked something an said it should be okay but after he left ,it continued since I ran it a few more times, wiping it clean each time. And now he is charging me again for the same. Also its all a moot issue now since the installers warranty has run out. Unit inst 0ct 03. On thermoprides warranty it said i can get the installer or someone else even though i have to pay for the labor which I have done 4 times.And the new people whom i paid were supposed to have the thermopride rep come with the tech. The sec messed up and failed to contact him, leaving me useless when i wanted thermopride to see the misery I have gone through.I do not care about paying for such a little part its the labor after labor charge for diff techs who could not locate the problem and whom say they all leak. If you bought a new car and it always leaked and the guy said they all do that. What would you do! I went to diff techs but no one figured it out .What is this world coming to and who can you trust??? Sorry but I am very aggravated

If you haven'y paid the guy that fixed it on his second try, call before you do and tell him you don't think yoou should have to pais since he didn't fix it the second time.

Write letters to the other companies, explaining what you found, and ask for a refund. You may not get one, but it will stir up their offices.

Write a letter to Thermoprise.

It wasn't themoprides doing, it is a Beckett burner problem, but you won't get anywhere with them on it.

PS: Installed in oct 03, you should have had it cleaned twice by now, did you say something to the guys that cleaned it, or are you not maintaining your investment.
    Contractor locator map

Is this the line going from the tank to the burner?

If it is the oil supply or return lint it is not a factory flair!
    Aire Serv of SW Connecticut- Gas heat, dual fuel and central a/c systems installed and serviced

From his post stating that a tech said yes it was on the furnace when it came in the door, I think he is talking about the nozzle line.
    Contractor locator map

Yes i have maintained it. When i had someone come check it out i said its leaking oil, they fiddled and said watch it, but they all leak. I lived with it but it kept bugging me so each time a tech was here they fiddled and left it. What I find strange no one wrote it on their bill except one guy who didn't finish his sentence. He said "tightened fittings on the...........". H e also said they all leak, so with that i moved on to someone else. I have the diagram that came with the thermopride Model AF oil Burner, on the back is the picture. its number 13 which says Connector tube assembly. Its copper tube with flared ends and nuts to attach it. I guess its a fuel line as well. It didn't look cracked to me it looked unfinished. Monday supposed to hear from thermopride and then will have to make my case with this so called reputable HVAC company. This furnace is only two years old approaching and don't forget its not used 12 months out of the year. I'm in the east coast. Definitely to early for maintenance issues and replacing parts?Also what killed me was when the HVAC man said the sec called and said it was covered so i figured all was well, the HVAC said i need to take the part. Then hours later the lady called and said it was not covered and now I have no defective part for proof. I cannot trust these people anymore!

If he told you it was covered and took the part, that's it. Don't pay them anything,and explain what was told to you to the service manager/owner.You can't say one thing and then later on change your mind and want to charge someone. Next time they'll get their facts straight.
    If everything was always done "by the book"....the book would never change.

Hey i agree. I'll fight this to the end. It just shows how dishonest people are and you really have to be careful. I thought I was careful with the HVAC company i have used for over 21 years. Its amazing how one screwed up woman in the office can scew everything up, Or for all i know the hvac man who has has come here for years is in on it though he did not strike me that way. Its like someone accusing you of a wrong doing and you did nothing! But then you have to prove your side.

Wow, I would hate to be the insurance underwriter for these companies that think it is ok for a flamable liquid to be leaking from a fuel burning appliance in someones home!
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast