Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trane vs Carrier (heatpump guru)

Post Likes

Wink

heatpump guru...thank you for bringing up Carrier...I am currently comparing Carrier against Trane, and I must say the Puron is making me wanting to by a Carrier system, nobody can beat it....any thoughts out there? Ya'll are so smart, great thanks to ya'll...

Post Likes
    Trane has 410A heat pumps which are the same.

Don't compare brands, but installing companies.

That will make the difference!
    How tall are you Private???!!!!

Post Likes
    I am also comparing the few contractor/dealers we have in our area; The few ones the manufactors recommended. There aren't many "Pros" in our area.

Post Likes
    See if you can get "selfemployed" to respond. I don't know if he is near you, but he is in North Carolina.
    Training is important!
    Practical Training is a must!

Post Likes
    allright, I'll try..all help is greatly appreciated.

Post Likes
    Trane makes a good heat pump,and I know many think all I sell is Carrier,WRONG I sell what is best for the job. My father has XL16i with XV90 and father in law has 3 XL1800.I like the Infinity setup,I could have gotten either and no cost for my own home and I took the Carrier(I gave my Ground source to the vo-tech to train the guys on it)I think the XL or 38Y ?? are both fine products, some people it is better to have a roof to keep stuff out of outdoor units,Trane some like the Infinity set-up.The variable speed is a MUST!!Trane model numbers for outdoor 410a(PURON)begin with the number four,R-22 or FREON start with the number 2.
    It's NOT the BRAND,it's the company that installs it!!!!!

Post Likes
    I looked into getting an Infinity installed but the Salesperson said it is to big for my little house, I would need only a 2.5 heatpump and the Infinity system comes in 3 and 4 ton. So he has recommended the Perfomance series, Model 38 YXA and Fan Coil FV4.

Post Likes
    Both good you can put in Thermidistat control with that set up,SWEET. but a Trane 4ttx4030\4TEE fan coil is a good product also.They are both BIG on the outdoor side so make sure you can fit it or hide it.As we said GOOD PRODUCT does not count installed poorly. Please change lineset!

Post Likes
    Hey, Yellow Dot...GitErDone...hahaha...only somebody from N.C. can say that....You are not so far away from me....can you recommend a reputable installing company...since you know that will make the difference and I totally agree with ya'll.

Post Likes
    The Carrier Infinity in a 3 ton will run at 50% or 1.5 tons most of the time, and it will not be oversized. Since they are two stage systems, there is no point in manufactoring them in half ton systems.

Post Likes
    Peton speaks the TRUTH,

Post Likes
    Originally posted by peytonc2682
    The Carrier Infinity in a 3 ton will run at 50% or 1.5 tons most of the time, and it will not be oversized. Since they are two stage systems, there is no point in manufactoring them in half ton systems.
    That is what I was thinking when I read that post too. I think some contractors are just afraid of the new technologies and try to stay away from them as much as they can.

Bobby

Post Likes
    Originally posted by gardenelf
    Hey, Yellow Dot...GitErDone...hahaha...only somebody from N.C. can say that....You are not so far away from me....can you recommend a reputable installing company...since you know that will make the difference and I totally agree with ya'll.
    Where do you live?

Post Likes
    Sanford Area (between Sanford and Fayetteville)

Post Likes
    I'll ask my Trane rep for a recomendation tomorrow.

Post Likes
    the problem with 50% Capacity is poor latent capacity... that 3 ton will only give you about 980 btuhs latent when on low speed at nominal cfm.

Post Likes
    Yellow Dot, thank you, I am getting sooooo frustrated with this whole process. We have only one recommended Trane dealer in our area and after waiting on him for a day, he decided not to come out at all for an estimate because "they" are to backed up...well, if all fails I break a hole in the wall stick a pipe in it and heat my house with a good old wood burning stove.GitErDone..LOL.

Doc, you lost me, I don't know what latent capacity is, I'll have to look it up.

Peytonc..the carrier sales guy told me the Performance HP 2.5 ton is a 1 stage/speed compressor and he felt like it wouldn't make much sense to spend so much more money on the Infinity system, since the Performance Series will do just fine for my needs, afterall my house is only 1300 sq.ft...I really don't know, I thougt I had it all figured out. Trying to find the right install company is really kicking my butt.

Post Likes
    How far are you from Raleigh?

I can come down for an estimate if its within 1 hour or so.

If the drive is in the 1 hour range, there may be a small additional charge for driving if you want us to do the work.

Estimates are free.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Post Likes
    Originally posted by docholiday
    the problem with 50% Capacity is poor latent capacity... that 3 ton will only give you about 980 btuhs latent when on low speed at nominal cfm.

What is the cfm in low speed for that three ton?Isn't it important to the latent?

Post Likes
    Yellow Dot..Mapquest estimates a travel time of 80 min. and 57.1 miles, taking US I straight into Raleigh, rekken it depends on where you are located give or take a few more miles and minutes. My neighbor drives to the North Side of Raleigh every day and he takes 421 through Lillington,I would have to look into this route. With gas prices that high and such a long distance, rekken we could work out something. I had a company deliver rocks from Wake Forest before and they fuzzed about the distance and I ended up paying a hefty delivery charge. I am ready to get some work started...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in