Hybrid View

hello,
    Im having a new heat pump system installed for my second floor.The same installer quoted me carrier performance 13 system and an amana system. I am leaning towards the amana becuase the price difference pretty large(enough to buy a much needed insulated garage door)and sense either system will be installed the same way, I dont buy the argument that one will have better quality than the other.

My question is: I like the bells and whistles that the carrier thermidistat has(not infinity). Humidity control is important to me. Can I have them install that thermidistat on the Amana( RHE30c2a condenser and AEPTO30 variable speed air handler)What features can i use and what are specific to the carrier air handlers. Reading the carrier brochure it is hard to tell what features are carrier specific and common to all vs air handlers
    Thanks for any imput,
    Dan

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Id check carefully to be sure both are variable speed,and comparable SEER,etc.You could post the models numbers here for an opinion.

The Thermidistat may work with the Amana,I don't know for sure,someone that's tried that will be along later.

Both units are variable speed
    the carrier system is for the 38yza condenser and fv4aanf005 variable speed fan coil, 13 seer with puron.
    The amana system is for the rhe30c2a condenser and aepto30 variable speed fan coil, 12 seer with r22.
    Thanks
    Dan

The Amana appears to be a 2.5 ton,but with that Carrier air handler,3 ton is the smallest matched system.38YXA 030 or 036 ,can you tell us?

I believe both systems are 2.5 tons
    the carrier condenser is a 38yza030
    Thanks again
    Dan

My book shows that a YXA 030,doesn't match with the FV 005,a smaller air handler,FV003 is a match and 13.8 SEER.Could even use an FV002 for 13.5 SEER.

The larger air handler would cost more,so could a part of the price difference,but not all.

The FE air handler and Infinity will provide better humidty control.

Dash,
    Thanks for all your info. what is the hpsf ratings on these carrier units. we will be using the heating far more than the air. or could you direct me to where i can look up ari ratings for carrier. the amana peformance ratings are on their wed site however i cant seem to find anything on carrier's web site

Thanks again
    Dan

38YXA030 with

FV002=8.2

FV003=8.1

White Rogers makes a therostat that will work with varriable speed equipment for dehumidification. It has a terminal that can be configured to deenergize when the humidity gets above the setpoint.
    All VS equipment I have seen has a terminal on the control that will reduce the blower speed a specific % if you deenergize it.

Pricy thermostat though, about 50% more than a Honeywell Vision Pro.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.