Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

help - Trane TWE 180 cannot get in cooling

Please help - we have installed a 15 ton split system heat pump -- we are stuck in heating mode,, the reversing valve will not engage-- we have installed wiring per spec installation,,, is there something we are missing -- indoor fan is kicking but stuck in heatin mode.
    Thanks for any help

It could be

a number of things. Is this ReliaTel or standard controls? Do you have voltage to the RV solenoid?

Yes it is a Reliatel and yes we do have 24 volt to solenoid - heating mode is still running even in cooling mode -- pulled leads of of reversing valve usually that will slide it over but it is still in heating

Moved to Commercial forum.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Greg Help

Quote Originally Posted by gregp View Post
    a number of things. Is this ReliaTel or standard controls? Do you have voltage to the RV solenoid?
    Yes it is a Reliatel and yes we do have 24 volt to solenoid - heating mode is still running even in cooling mode -- pulled leads of of reversing valve usually that will slide it over but it is still in heating

dback. Don't make duplicate threads in the forums. I deleted your newest duplicate thread.

If someone wants to and can help they will. if no one can, they making a bunch of post about this won't change that.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Gentlemen,

The new "Ask Our Pro" rules are in effect. Only a Pro Member with a * by their title may give advice.

Advice posts by others may be deleted.

Thanks

If you

are getting the proper voltage to the solenoid coil and it is not switching, you need to contact your Field Service Rep. Since this is a new unit, it may be a warranty issue for either a new solenoid or reversing valve. Before replacing any parts, I would contact the FSR and they can assist you step-by-step.

As per the AOP Rules only Professional Members * can reply with advice to the OP. Anyone may post and ask questions. They may even question the * member answer but not give advice or expand on the advice given. Please read these rules for a complete understanding. AOP Rules

For those in our industry who wish to become a Professional Member, please click here and follow the instructions. Apply for Professional Membership
    Last edited by Chris_Worthington; 07-22-2011 at 10:54 AM.
    Doug

Now that I have permission.... you have 2 separate units each 7 1/2 ton. Activate the other section (stage) AND SEE IF YOU HAVE COOLING. The chance that both RV's are bad are slim. If both sides won't cool, look at your controls.
    Doug

Just my 2 cents, IF you are not the Global Moderator I or anyone else don't need you telling me the rules. That's what they are here for. If you want to be a rule enforcer then become a Global Moderator.

Quote Originally Posted by k-fridge View Post
    Gentlemen,

The new "Ask Our Pro" rules are in effect. Only a Pro Member with a * by their title may give advice.

Advice posts by others may be deleted.

Thanks
    Wow it must be really easy to get one of those how can I get 2* by my name?
    UA 100

It takes three people to do anything around here. Two do the work, one explains to the crowd of people who showed up when they seen smoke and flames.

Quote Originally Posted by dback View Post
    I bet your not reading your 24 volt correctly or maybe someone else un-wired the coils somewhere else. I smell wiring issues.
    UA 100

It takes three people to do anything around here. Two do the work, one explains to the crowd of people who showed up when they seen smoke and flames.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast