Last night was the coldest night of the season and my heat pump doesn't seem to be "keeping up". We have it set on 72 and it was 65 in the house when I got up. Most of the vents seem to be blowing nice warm air where others are blowing air but not as much. The house was built in the late 50 and the heat pump was put in about 7 years ago. The Aux light was also on. Anyone have an idea of why this is happening. Last year we had no heat because it blew cold air all winter. We found the reset button at the end of Feb.

Welcome to HVAC TALK. However this site has rules against giving out technical advice to DIY'ers. I have attached a link below for your convenience.

Here's something to think about though...

When was the last time you had that unit cleaned and inspected?

Now you have a problem with the unit. Fuel costs are skyrocketing.

So why not call in a professional to repair the unit? While they are there they can clean and inspect your unit to insure a safe living environment for you and your loved ones. Not to mention, having an efficient running system could save you more than the cost of the service.

What's your safety worth? I'm guessing more than the repair bill.

Thanks for your understanding.

(we can't help DIY, due to site rules )

i didn't want DIY help I was looking more for Have you ever heard of this happening and when The guy comes out what might he way is wrong with it.

Sorry

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Check the rest ,and the filter ,if you didn't already.So vents not blowing that much,could easily be a dirty filter.

Have you it checked and "Cleaned" recently or ever?If not that could easily be the problem.

Reset tripping can be due to lack of air flow from lack of maintainence.