Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I know these service prices are bound to vary over most parts of the U.S. and Canada, but for an ANNUAL residential "oil furnace tune-up, what is the usual PRICE in your area?
    Most Tune-ups consists of; new tank filter, new nozzle, clean and set electrodes,and clean cad cell, normal soot(vacuum) cleaning,set air-fuel ratio, stack temp adjustment,, barometric adjustment,etc.
    In general, just a normal seasonal Tune-up.(no problems)
    Note; Homeowner changes his own air filter (as required.)
    Any one have any prices for this service in the Barrie,Toronto,Owen Sound, parts of Ontario, Canada?
    Also, what are your average prices for this service in your area?

(No pricing questions, due to site rules )

[Edited by jultzya on 10-27-2005 at 12:23 PM]

You need to re-read the site rules,
    If you try to fail, and succeed.
    Which have you done ?

Oil furnace tune-ups will probably vary for various reasons.
    Oil furnace “tune-up specials” here run around $XXX.
    These tune-ups need to be performed annually.

They should use appropriate brushes along with a shop vacuum to clean the soot from the interior heat exchanger areas.

A smoke test should also be performed.

There are other issues with oil furnaces when Air Conditioning is installed. – Darrell

http://www.udarrell.com/oil_furnace_heating.html

(No pricing, due to site rules )

[Edited by jultzya on 10-27-2005 at 12:19 PM]

The annual tune-up on modern oil burning equipment is more of preventive maintenance. Vacuuming out soot or cleaning the "eye" is a sign of something wrong regarding new and even old equipment. The barest amount of soot should be present on the heat exchanger, no more. Also, I like to change out parts BEFORE they fail, most components have a known useful life that an experienced tech should realize. Forced Warm air systems without central A/C typically don't need to be serviced yearly IMO, since they only run for heat (1/2 year maybe?). Of course, many factors can influence the maximum amount of time between service, and price of service will vary too. Remember, a good tech is not expensive, he's priceless!

In my area heating is needed around 8 months a year.
    A lot of them are installed on old chimneys that were used for gravity flow wood and coal fired furnaces.

The draft varies too much on some of them and can create smoke and soot problems. Of course, those conditions should be properly addressed with an "all fuel" chimney.

Thank you jultzya, --for editing out $XXX that I should have known better than to put in the prior post. - Darrell

Thank you, UDARRELL for your input.At least you tried and it's much appreciated. I guess Jultza has most all you other pros hands tied.
    Pretty bad when a poster can't get even get a going price for various areas of the continent.

You don't live in my area, so why would you need to know what is charged here.

We use heat about 7 monthes here, so annual cleaning is needed.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Beenthere, your right ,Idon't live in your area. That is why I would like to know . IF I lived in your area, a simple local phone callto a service person would do.(long distance calls are costly, otherwise I would also just call around different locales.)
    I am just curious as to what other areas charges for this service,etc. I don't need any "top secrets" or Company names,etc, that may go against the rules, just some generalities for this type of service and how much prices can vary thru-out the U. S. & Canada.
    Personally, especially with oil, I always have an annual tune-up. We use the heat as early as Sept, right thru to June.
    Thanks

So if we charge $950.00 to clean an oil furnace, and the company you use charges $1050.00, what does that tell you?

Besides my area might be a lower cost of living area compared to yours.
    Contractor locator map

Originally posted by deejoe
    Thank you, UDARRELL for your input.At least you tried and it's much appreciated. I guess Jultza has most all you other pros hands tied.
    Pretty bad when a poster can't get even get a going price for various areas of the continent.
    House rules mate. Nothing personal. You agreed to them when you joined.

PS:

Get vonage, and then you don't have to pay long distance charges, and you can call up all the different areas.
    Contractor locator map

Originally posted by beenthere
    So if we charge $950.00 to clean an oil furnace, and the company you use charges $1050.00, what does that tell you?

Besides my area might be a lower cost of living area compared to yours.
    well, duh, it would tell me there is a $ 100 difference,Some help,but I would still not know the $950) area.

[Edited by deejoe on 10-30-2005 at 12:19 PM]

Wrong country.
    Contractor locator map

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast