Hi.
    I have an electric air filter, and the manual says to clean it with DAX. I have not been able to find dax anywhere locally, and was wondering if there was a substitute.
    The manual says not to clean them in the dishwasher, but alot of internet websites says it's ok to wash electric air cleaner cells in dishwashers, so I am not sure what to believe.
    I know from reading the manual not to use any harsh cleaners that might ruin the metals in it, but I am not sure what detergents might be safe. I'm pretty confident alot of etergents wouldn't be safe, but am looking for a safe alternative, or a place online where i can get dax.
    thank you.

I have a Honeywell F300 EAC. I recently cleaned the cells for the first time by squirting them down thoroughly with straight Simple green. I then submerged them in a tub of water with some simple green mixed in it. After soaking for 5 minutes or so I hosed them off very good and let them air dry completely. The water in the tub was black. Had about 1000 hrs run time. Cells didn't appear that dirty prior to cleaning them. Unit is working fine. I would refrain from putting the cells in the dishwasher.

most dishwasher soap seems to have lots of HCl= bleach!

I used to take my Mom's Honeywell to you- squirt- carwash, 45 years ago -- worked ok for 6y, at least, till she sold house.
    harvest rainwater,make SHADE,R75/50/30= roof/wall/floor, use HVAC mastic,caulk all wall seams!

Simple green and an old paint brush work great. just be careful with that little wire that rush between the plates.

ive tried the dishwasher once and it did a terrible job, so don't to that.

Thanks!

Used simple green 'bath'. Sprayed/rinsed with hose.
    My elements seem to now appear slightly 'tarnished'? Clean for sure, just kind of a 'bronze' tint to them now for ome reason?

Also, I'm assuming I can run a media filter while these cells are drying? It seems to be working so far anyways.

Nothing wrong with a media filter anyways....might beat the electric job.
    If everything was always done "by the book"....the book would never change.