Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Diamond in the ruff!

I've pulled some blower wheels when changing motors to see secondary HX coated in dirt, but I still got 20*...that one makes me wonder how in the world they did get it. But I did the job, and got the unit done, but wow, I've NEVER had anything like that, even when the HO left the damn filter OFF!
    "It's not an OLD unit, it's a testament to old school manufacturing of quality over quantity." http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/m...608_092209.jpg

Iam not with those life time filters there just cheating customers. Yes they might not let dirt go threw but they create a big air restriction

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by dougfamous View Post
    Previous company she had out gave her the ole gas-n-go. Unit still icing over. I pulled the filter out and it looked new (always a warning sign). I opened up the plenum and found:

Of course, I couldn't just clean the evap and leave the blower unattended. I pulled the blower and discovered this gem:

"Oh, we ran it without a filter for a few weeks until we could get a new one."

Did ya?
    HOW LONG DID IT TAKE TO CLEAN THE COIL AND FAN?

Looks like something the cat hacked up on the carpet....
    (The wise men of modern thought) adore a god made of putty or of wax - plastic, effeminate, molluscous, with no masculine faculty about him, and no quality that entitles him to the respect of just and honest men, for a being who cannot be angry at wrongdoing is destitute of one of the essential virtues, and a moral Ruler who is not angry with the wicked, and who refuses to punish crime, is not divine. ---Spurgeon

The coil reminds me of Furry Walls...and a little bit of...um...Furry Walls...wink
    "It's not an OLD unit, it's a testament to old school manufacturing of quality over quantity." http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/m...608_092209.jpg

had customer tell me she had a self cleaning filter. When the filter gets dirty just flip it over and nothing else to worry about. Someone had wrote with a marker the month and day that it was installed it had been "self cleaning" for 3 years.

See that in rental properties, tenant didn't know it had a filter. Owner is responsible to make sure it gets changed. Don't leave it to the tenant.

I love it when people think they know what there talking about (do it your selfers) when it comes to the PM's on there units. I myself have heard of the infamous self cleaning filter by some customer i had. Pulled the thing out... it was a regular 1" pleated filter... ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?!?

left filter out for a few weeks eh?
    A few weeks and went to the dog groomer, picked up a bag of old dog hair, and threw it in the return?
    "Better tell the sandman to stay away, because we're gonna be workin on this one all night."

"Dude, you need more than 2 wires to a condenser to run a 2 stage heatpump."

"Just get it done son."

Dad adjusted

The only thing better would be if the filter had been on the supply side of the furnace! ha

Quote Originally Posted by pacnw View Post
    the new filter is usually a warning.
    I got scolded by a customer once for pointing out that the old filter, that looked like a piece of cardboard, in the trash can was the issue.
    trash can few feet from cond, it was sticking out so I had to look.
    unit checked out fine and no call back.
    Had a few convenience stores that had icing up problems. Before I went into store to check unit, I got into habit of checking dumpster to see if there were dirty filters inside...never failed, they were right on top of trash. Old filters had dates and initials of my company written on them. Cause of issues was dirty filters and when confronting store manager, he had nothing to say. Dirty filters were store manager's responsibility and parent company would not pay for service call if filter related, company would back-charge store for call. They never learned!!!
    Psalm 51:10, 12

Quote Originally Posted by LILLIGHTNING View Post
    The only thing better would be if the filter had been on the supply side of the furnace! ha
    Two systems kept on blowing out the supply ducting. Eventually someone discovered a media filter had been placed in the supply trunk of each system. The trunk had been wrapped in additional insulation and the door to the filter cabinet had been covered up.
    Hackery on top of hackery. cost the customer a lot of grief until it was found and corrected.
    I am for doing good to the poor, but...I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. I observed...that the more public provisions were made for the poor, the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer.
    ― Benjamin Franklin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast