+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A few pix of our work

Post Likes
    Typical cookie cutter home, probably 1200-1400 sq foot (about all we ever get around here), split foyer, unfinished basement (for the time being).

This is how we run almost all of our dryer vents. Kind of a slick deal, and way cheaper than the store bought dryer box's.

If I could get them to change a few things about our installs I'd say clean the t-stat wire up and run seperate drains for the condensate too. Other than that I think the 2 jobs above turned out pretty well.

Post Likes
    A wider space at the return bottom would be nice for later installation of the air cleaner they'll buy. I'd also sell them a humidifier.
    R2B4BTU

Post Likes
    Are there turning vanes in the elbow coming off the supply? The metal work looks good.
    Get back to work.™

Post Likes
    No turning vanes in the elbow on the top. Since there's a take off coming out of the back (small duct in 2nd pic hooks to the supply) I'm not sure if that'd scoop too much air away from that take off or not. But since the duct runs are fairly short air flow isn't a problem.

I'd like to see a bigger filter installed personally. I believe that is a 14/20 in there. I've tried to get them to build a bigger throat on the elbows and put a filter in there at an angle. Get to use a bigger filter and also easier to hook up a fancy filter later.... but no go.

On the bright side though, just remove all of the return duct and make a couple offsets and you'll be good to go. Not the best way but at least there is a way to do it. The EAC's dont' sell very well around here yet.

Not a huge need for humidifiers around here, but we do sell some. Problem is the builder wants cheap and fast (don't they all). They'd freak if we even sold them a humidifier at our cost and no charge for installing it lol.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in