+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anybody use this valve core tool Uniweld 92838

Post Likes

Anybody use this valve core tool Uniweld 92838

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Danimal535 View Post
    looks like the rest. I need a valve core removal tool/ leatherman. (they could put some blades and a 7-level on that and I'd buy it.

Post Likes
    I have a yellow jacket that looks almost identical, except it does not have the retaining strap for the cap.

Post Likes
    I used a YJ for awhile until the seal blew and it kept getting harder to get the schraeders to hold. Then I tried the Appion one and its superior to the YJ. Its beefier and the only one that's vacuum rated. Looks similar to the uniweld one but the Appion one is like $50

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Danimal535 View Post
    "Made in USA" according to the catalog page...

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DavyB View Post
    looks like the rest. I need a valve core removal tool/ leatherman. (they could put some blades and a 7-level on that and I'd buy it.
    Sure, it'd be the bulkiest core remover around, but I'd be cool with that. Not sure if I could convince everyone else here, though...

Post Likes
    i wouldn't pay $62 for that when you can get better for less
    It is what it is unless I say differently !!!!

Post Likes
    I haven't found Grainger to be very economical compared to Johnstone, URI, Etc..

Post Likes
    I can get that one for 30 just needed the pic of it

Post Likes
    Like fianders said I have never found grainger efficient for my refrigeration supplies. They are all about profit margins there. I am not even aloud to pick up filters or belts from them because of their price. Only for emergency or hard to find anywhere else kind of situations they are great for.

Post Likes
    I tried the Yellow Jacket and did not like it, the seal gets in the way of the core remover, bad design!!

Post Likes
    i found the core remover worked well the first few times but after a while the shrader got harder and harder to get out and i then realized that the gasket inside the tool wore out. i was forced to buy another one with a ball valve instead of a screw nut that tighens. Well i havent had any chance to use it since but it seems to be better.

Post Likes
    is this deep vac approved?

Post Likes
    there are 2 types of the same tool. One of them has another port for the vacuum/mirco gauge and the other doesnt. I strongly recommend the version with the ball valve. i have used it once and it works great. now i gotta see if it lasts.

Suppliers that may carry them United refrigeration, Eastern Refrigeration and Masters.

It allows you to replace the shrader valve without removing the gas.

http://www.uri.com/is-bin/intershop....15.pdf#page=48

Post Likes
    Good luck here with the Appion tool. Pulls and holds good vacume. The seal on the "removable nut" on the back blew out once on a high head situation but the local Case/IH dealer had one that worked like new for only 33 cents. Would buy another pair for sure.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Appion-ChrisP View Post
    Sure, it'd be the bulkiest core remover around, but I'd be cool with that. Not sure if I could convince everyone else here, though...
    I'd be happy with an hvac-specific leatherman. Schrader core remover forks, and a 1/4" nut driver connection for any of my bits. Plus all the bells and blades.

Post Likes
    Information on vacuum level was not listed.

http://www.uniweld.com/index.php/pro...e-core-removal
    Aircraft Mechanical Accessories Technician. The Air Force changed the job title to Air Craft Environmental Systems Technician. But I've decided I'll always be a Mech Acc.

Post Likes
    another vote for those appion valve core removers have held vacuum even when im using bluevac. i previesly owned yellow jacket ones those thing were so leaky it took me 2 hours to figure out why my reading whas going haywire...

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in