What part is it?

Hybrid View

Our home was built in 2002 and the furnace wasn't working right in 2004 so we called the repairman.He came and told us that he would have to order a part and that he wired it so the fan would blow continuously until the part arrived.He never came back and our furnace has been blowing ever since.Does anyone know which part he would be talking about? The furnace is a Goodman/Janitrol A42-20. I'd like to save some money and order the part myself and install it. Thanks.

Probably the furnace control board, but you need to get a pro to do the repairs for you and check the system out.

Even if you were able to get the correct part from somewhere, mucking about in an appliance that can kill you or burn your house down, when you don't know what you are doing, is generally considdered a bad thing.

Forum rules and common sense forbid us giving step by step directions.

FYI: Every part in that furnace is still covered under the manufacturers parts warranty, right up until the point you attempt repair on your own.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

If you can't tell by looking at the wiring diagram, you should find someone who can. There's more than one way to do what you described, and it would be a guess without being able to inspect the system personally.
    A switch or a switch control has been jumpered, I think, but it might not appear obvious if the part in question was removed.

Fast and helpful.Thank you kind sirs. I will bite the checkbook and seek a pro.