time for a new meter

I'm really leaning toward the Fluke 289 FVF Combo. Anyone have this meter or any experience with one ? I'm told that this is a " USA " manufactured product as well. Thoughts appreciated.

http://www.fluke.com/fluke/usen/digi....htm?PID=56063

I have one and I love it for the most part. I've found all kinds of things to use logging on, its really handy. The low ohm range gets used a lot too, being able to rel out the probe resistance and display the difference in winding resistance directly in % or 0.001ohm is awesome. Min/Max/Avg are all shown concurrently and with time stamps.

That said, I don't carry it in my bag. Its big, really big. It takes around 10 seconds to boot up which feels longer than it sounds. The display is huge but the actual numbers are significantly smaller than they are on something like a fluke 179. The contrast isn't as good either, its hard to read from any distance.

Thanks for the honest review. I had not considered the physical size of the thing before I read your post.

It does seem to have all of the low voltage / ma features I could ever think to ask for as well as being set up for VFD output readings. And I don't see using it every day , rather being at the ready for when things get weird or bad. The data logging will come in handy for the " political " instances for sure.