Question

We've recently had a new Trane HVAC system (Gas heat + A/C) installed, and with it came a Trane TCONT803 thermostat. This is practically the same as the VP8321 with very few differences.

I read on this site that when you enabled Humidity Control on the VP, then Adaptive recovery (even if set, or enabled) would be non-functional. See:

http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread....7&pagenumber=2

I have just called the Trane TS Help-line where a friendly female voice assured me that AR does work, both in heating and cooling mode even when HC is enabled. Anyone knows for sure?

My other question is about that hidden LED that, according to the Installer Guide, is ON either in Emerg. Heat mode (HP) or when a check or fail signal energizes the 'F' terminal (and if Common connected). Could this be used to have the LED light up, for instance when the fan is on? My instllaer hasn't a clue.

Thanks in advance!

I'm curious about this one as well. If the choo-choo version of the VisionPro stat has AR & HC working together, I'll have to pay a trip to the local distributor & replace my current VisionPro.

We've got an unusual early cold spell here down South, so I guess to find it out have to wait until the next cooling season.

On the LED of the Stat: Terminal 'F' on the Trane OEM is terminal 'L' on the
    VisionPro8321. Has anyone used that terminal in a NOT HP setting?

TCONT803 is in heat-mode with HC enabled. I have switched over from Conventional Recovery (CR) to AR, and it works. With a setback of 2F it always starts with 2nd stage (just as in CR mode), then, probably in less than a minute, drops down to 1st.

Of course, HC, in heat mode, is non-active, and the real proof of the puddin' will or will not be, HC & AR in COOL mode.

tpa-fl:

Does your VP-8321 work the same?

Originally posted by bdawg
    On the LED of the Stat: Terminal 'F' on the Trane OEM is terminal 'L' on the
    VisionPro8321. Has anyone used that terminal in a NOT HP setting?
    I have two stage gas heating, I hooked up the common for the back light, and I wired the L to W2, That way I know I am running on 2nd stage.

Thanks, mayguy!

Now, I know what to do... I wish I had one more LED tho (have 2-stage heat & cool).