I'm trying to figure out why all 3 burners won't light simultaneously.T-stat calls for heat,draft inducer starts,hot surface igniter comes on,one of three burners lights,then shuts down and cycle starts over.Sometimes they all light, sometimes not.Goodman is the make of the furnace.I blew the burners out with air and replaced the flame sensor.Problem persists.Any help?Thanks,tek.

turn the unit off and call for service
    when it comes to gas there is nothing we can advise over the net. have to be there to know the problem
    sorry

Originally posted by tinknocker service tech
    turn the unit off and call for service
    when it comes to gas there is nothing we can advise over the net. have to be there to know the problem
    sorry

what he said

Welcome to HVAC TALK. However this site has rules against giving out technical advice to DIY'ers. I have attached a link below for your convenience.

Here's something to think about though...

When was the last time you had that unit cleaned and inspected?

Now you have a problem with the unit. Fuel costs are skyrocketing.

So why not call in a professional to repair the unit? While they are there they can clean and inspect your unit to insure a safe living environment for you and your loved ones. Not to mention, having an efficient running system could save you more than the cost of the service.

What's your safety worth? I'm guessing more than the repair bill.

Thanks for your understanding.

(we can't help DIY, due to site rules )

A flame sensor has no control over how the burners light.

This would be a good time to cal your hvac instructor and have him come and help you.

If he's not availible, then call a service company.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by tek
    [B]I'm trying to figure out why all 3 burners won't light simultaneously.T-stat calls for heat,draft inducer starts,hot surface igniter comes on,one of three burners lights,

Same here, except I was the tech who pulled and cleaned the burners. Then one boomed before I hit the switch. Damn. I realigned the burners properly, and also had checked gas pressure at the manifold as part of the tune up and set it properly. In a hurry I guess. Live and learn.

You need to get a tune up. What if one don't light? And gas keeps pouring into the heat exchanger but don't get lit by the other burners right away. You want that? Kaboom.

Thanks for your replies--they make sense.