I have a 1300 Square Foot home with good air tight windows and decent insulation and I live in Michigan. Would a American Standard 56,000 BTU Freedom 90 single stage gas furnace be adaquate for this home? Thanks

No one can answer that question without being there.

Click on the RED tag above and do a Load / Loss calc.

I would say if you are in SE Mi you will be ok. Who is intalling the furnace for you?

It is being installed by a local HVAC contractor. The BTU's seemed to be a bit low but he assured me that it would be fine. Thanks

It does blow most people away when you find out how little gas it really takes.

It is the biggest objection that HO have and need to be advised of.

If he is a legitimate contractor then don't worry about it. If it doesn't heat the home warm enough tell him to come take it back out and install a bigger one on his nickel. If you are using sideline Joe then yeah I would be worried.
    "And remember my sentimental friend......that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others" - Wizard of Oz.

No, not sideline Joe. In fact the company has been around for over 40 years.

That is good. I kind of expected that since American Standard won't let their equipment out to just anyone. Some manufs still have ethics.

Now then why don't you want a two stage heating furnace?

What kind of air filtering system will you be upgrading to to protect your investment?
    "And remember my sentimental friend......that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others" - Wizard of Oz.

Trion Air Bear filter. Actually, he tried to talk me into the two stage but I just went for the single stage for mainly cost purposes.

Nice filter, but I would opt to go with the two stage for comfort.

Do your own load calc here.