+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Confused and seeking guidance

Post Likes

Confused and seeking guidance

Hello all,I have a question,my apologies if this has been asked before and this is not a rant or any just trying to figure out how to get in somewhere so I can start my career. I recently graduated from a trades school (June3rd) and I know I have the passion and drive to succeed in this trade, and was curious how to get the job to get the experience employers seek if you cannot get into a position to acquire the experience, or have I been going by it the wrong way and apply to companies that ask or require 2 or more years experience anyways?.. Thank you for taking the time to read this and any replies would greatly be appreciated

Post Likes

welcome

Hey good question, yes it has been discussed a little, but not with you, right??

This heat wave might get you somewhere.... Are they even giving you an interview?

Post Likes
    No it hasn't, I just joined the site here last week,and been looking through the posts looking for any info on the subject.

Post Likes
    I have had 3 interviews out of 50 or more since I left school, and the 3 were ones that were willing to train ,and I also passed every test they have given me,, so only thing I come up with is their hiring someone with the experience which i don't blame them for it

Post Likes
    for what it's worth, we just hired two installers... One had some experience at a fireplace store, the other had none at all....

Some guys here say you have to start low.

Post Likes
    Yes irt is worth hearing and I thank you for that, It doesnt bother me starting low and work my up, cause we all have start somewhere,and you cant get to the top of the ladder if you don't know how climb the ladder..

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Dallen45 View Post
    Yes irt is worth hearing and I thank you for that, It doesnt bother me starting low and work my up, cause we all have start somewhere,and you cant get to the top of the ladder if you don't know how climb the ladder..
    sounds good.

Good luck! This site is a good place to poke around for a job.

Post Likes

Post Likes
    Thank you Karen for the two leads they are greatly apperciated, I just applied to both.

Post Likes
    hi Dallen

I went through the same thing when i got out of school after about 4 months the schools placement finally found me an own truck and tools job. I must say there is zero training and very little support where I am but I did well in school and went into it as well armed for battle as i could. I make terrible money too)))) BUT.... I am out there getting valuable experience which in the end is what it's all about.
    Might wanna check your schools placement too.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in