+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Digital psychrometers

Post Likes

Digital psychrometers

What's the best digital psychrometer under $200? I know they are not the most accurate but Im a maintenance tech for a company that requires rh%, wb, and split readings on each job. So I just need to be close. The one I have now is a AMPROBE THWD-3. I've had no problems with it until recently(giving unusually low rh and wb readings). So Im looking to pick another one up asap. The only gripe I have with the amprobe is the amount of time it takes to adjust its readings. This may come with the territory of digital psychrometers but if there is a better one out there. Let me know. Thnx for the replies in advance. I've read this site from time to time over the last year but just joined today.

Post Likes
    Everyone is probably going to tell you to get the testo 605 because you can stick it into the ductwork. I use a kestrel and I really like it though.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by nashuahvac View Post
    Everyone is probably going to tell you to get the testo 605 because you can stick it into the ductwork. I use a kestrel and I really like it though.
    You're right, , I have a Testo 605-H2 Humidity stick. I use a Unibit and drill a 1/2" hole in the cold air return, and the supply air, and insert the stem right into the air flow, and I know exactly what the entering RA wetbulb is, and the temperature delta across the Evap. coil. It's small, accurate, and relatively inexpensive.

http://www.trutechtools.com/Testo-60...alc_p_555.html

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by snewman24 View Post
    ...I have a Testo 605-H2 Humidity stick. I use a Unibit and drill a 1/2" hole in the cold air return, and the supply air, and insert the stem right into the air flow, and I know exactly what the entering RA wetbulb is, and the temperature delta across the Evap. coil. It's small, accurate, and relatively inexpensive.
    Good Choice.
    "I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
    Mark Twain
    NEVER STOP LEARNING.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in