Thread: best oil burner company

Post Likes
    What does everyone think of as the best company to get an oil burner and/or water tank from? I'm debating Carrier, Kenmore (made by Carrier I believe), and Weil-Mcclain.

Thanks

Post Likes
    Do you mean an oil fired boiler? Seperate oil fired water heater or an indirect tank that runs off the boiler? What type of heat emmiters do you have? Cast iron rads, copper fin base board, etc.

Post Likes
    I currently have a 27 year old Utica oil fired burner with no separate water tank. The hot water is heated through coils. I am looking to replace the whole setup for efficiency, less service calls, and more piece of mind this winter.

I have been told a new oil fired burner with an indirect hot water tank is best way to go. The oil company I am in contract with offers Weil-Mcclain burners. Sears is currently offering no payments for a year to buy a new Carrier / kenmore heating system.

What would your advice be for a whole new heating system? Gas is not available in my area. Is the indirect hot water tank better than a tank with it's own burner? Does Weil-Mcclain make good oil fired burners?

Thanks for any info / advise you can offer ....

Post Likes

new boiler

I would recommend good cast iron boiler/burner unit with
    a indirect fired hot water heater. Boiler brands,Peerless,
    Burnham, Weil McLain.Go with experienced contractor, not
    necessarily your oil supplier. As a matter of fact I would
    tend not to go with oil supplier. "Just my opinion."

Post Likes
    Sears/Carrier oil boilers are made by Dunkirk (ECR International) which also owns Utica. Yes indirects are the best way to go. Weil's indirects are made by Triangle Tube: Stainless steel inner tank. Weil makes great boilers. (WGO Gold series) For the best efficeny in oil, I'd recommend a 3-pass cast iron boiler such as Buderus, Viessmann, or Burnham now has the MPO. Weil will have a 3-pass model (the Ultra Oil) by the end of the year. Biasi and Crown also have better priced 3 pass models.

Post Likes
    Thanks for the info. Yeah, I was leaning toward a cast iron burner. Do you know if Dunkirk has a 3 pass cast iron burner?

Post Likes
    Nope.

Post Likes
    Buderus or Peerless,outdoor reset on Buderus is nice but German boilers do not come with summer\winter hook-ups.Riello burner
    It's NOT the BRAND,it's the company that installs it!!!!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in