Discharge Sensor - York HP
    My EM light has started blinking 6 flashes on my thermostat..indicating "discharge sensor". It is a York Heat Pump 3 ton, 12 SEER. Where do I find my sensor to replace? (split system)

Let me guess.....hmmmmmm.....maybe the discharge line?

Bobby

Thanks Bobby...I not in the business...so could you explain a little about the discharge line as to what needs to be done....in simple terms please! Thanks again.

Forum Rule no. 2

Do-It-Yourselfers - not here.

This site is for industry professionals and folks seeking HVAC/R advice and knowledge. Please do not ask for step by step instructions on purchasing, installing or repairing your own HVAC equipment, that is our job and our livelihood. We are generous, but not to a fault.

Questions of this type will not be answered and may be deleted

Sorry Mark, but for obvious reasons (see above) I can't give step by step directions. In all honesty though, you didn't have to tell anyone you weren't in the business. Somehow, we already figured that out. Anyway, your heatpump has three sensors in the outdoor unit that constantly monitor temperatures and protect the unit from dying a harsh death. There is also a chance that the sensor might not even be the problem because there are some things that a tech can check that could give you that same code. I have seen sensors changed only to get the same code a few days later many times, so you really need to call a local York dealer and have them check out the system and service it, if needed. And yeah, you do need to find someone familiar with York. Your heatpump is fairly simple if you understand it's operation, but York just does some things different from other brands and it can appear to be really complicated to those not familiar with them. Good luck with it.

Bobby