Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Not to add anything to your problems, but if that is a 2000 unit the board should be good for 5-years warranty and me personally I would have done my best to warranty it for one of my customers and I know with the supply house I deal with I could have made it fly with no problem, but we "all" have to live and learn.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

I told you two pages ago what you need done first. This will tell you IF you have a problem with airflow (dirty coil, zone damper problem, restrictive filter, blower speed) or over firing. There is no need to continue this thread until you get a pro there to check what I suggested.

But wait, it is an interesting read. I got time. Flu is keeping me up, head is buzzing etc.

You said you got all the old parts. Tell us about the limit you have replaced. Any info on it? Length the same as the one replaced? What the hell, it is two screws, pull it out. (shut off power)

Still, that blower staying on longer than it should. That is what has concerned you and we cannot know why it is doing that. I hope if you do get this matter fixed, that you will post back......soon.

Originally posted by MikeJ
    But wait, it is an interesting read. I got time. Flu is keeping me up, head is buzzing etc.

You said you got all the old parts. Tell us about the limit you have replaced. Any info on it? Length the same as the one replaced? What the hell, it is two screws, pull it out. (shut off power)

Still, that blower staying on longer than it should. That is what has concerned you and we cannot know why it is doing that. I hope if you do get this matter fixed, that you will post back......soon.
    MikeJ and Trane: Thanks for your concern. And Trane is right. Understand that I want to make sure that I've looked at the problem from every angle (it's a holdover from my job...I investigate insider trading and stock manipulation) and that is why I keep asking the same question of different people or I'll ask the same question of the same person but in a different way. BTW, last night at around 10pm the upstairs zone kicked on and the blower continued running after the heating cycle finished...about a half hour or so later I heard the thermostat click, the blower shut off and the heating cycle started. It finished, the blower stopped and it's been running normally so far.

I don't want to get you guys pissed off at me for keeping at the same issue over and over and over. I don't speak hvac, and I want to make absolutely sure that my game plan makes sense before I put it in motion. Last night I decided that I'll have to find a Frigidaire (Nordyne) factory authorized dealer, explain the problem to him/her and ask his opinion about an appropriate course of action. All you guys have given me an outline of what to expect, and that will surely help me help the tech to do his job. And yes, I'll let you guys know how it turns out as/when/if the problem is solved.

Eapples

I personally don’t like the utility companies doing service but as long as you have a contract with them let them fix your problem. If after 3 try’s call the supervisor and inform him/her that you will get someone else to fix it and they can pay the bill.

If this is a public utility then call your Public Utility Commission and file a complaint.

Your paying for service and you should get it. Would you accept this from a private company?

All: I took your collective advice and today I spoke with an independent hvac person about the problem with my furnace. As all of you have been saying, he said that he'd have to take a look at the unit and try to recreate the problem before he could tell me what was causing the problem. He wasn't prepared to say what was causing the problem without examining the unit himself. So, the ealiest I can get a day off is 11/4, and that's when I'm having the guy come out to the house to try to diagnose the problem. I'll let you guys know how it turns out. And yes, I know that this is going to cost mo' money, mo' money, mo' money, but I want it taken care of, and I want it taken care of once.

Thak you all once again for your input, suggestions and recommendations.

Good luck and please keep us informed.
    Have the tech post a reply if you can. We love beating up on newbes

Been through this exact problem myself but on a Carrier furnace, If you have a Honeywell fan timer ( the board that was replaced ) I suspect thats your problem - also while the fan is running when it shouldn't be, if you can, disconnect the thermostats to eliminate them as a cause.

High Limit Switch - Update

All: As I had told you earlier, I discussed the problem with a hvac person who was highly recommended by a friend. We decided that I would call his office the next day (which I did) to set up an appointment for 11/4. I called in the morning, I believe that it was this past Thursday, and left a voice mail message. In the message I summarized the problem that we had discussed the day before, that I was referred by ________, and that I wanted to set up the appointment for Friday, 11/4. He never returned the phone call. As luck would have it, the furnace has not malfunctioned at all since that time. The fan has been cycling on/off normally with each heating cycle. Maybe the hvac gods have smiled upon me and granted me dispensation. Once again, to all you hvac pros here who offered advice/suggestions/recommendations, thanks for all your guidance.

Eapples

HUm

I had a similiar problem--turns out the dummy checking the unit didn't bother to check the setting on the stat or to check if it had a continous blower.
    Learn the process not the procedure--the process will dictate the procedure-If ya understand how it works ya knows how to fix it!

Your t-stat could be at fault. Had a customer report a similar problem. Furnace fan wouldn't shut off. The thermostat fan was set on auto. I cut power to furnace and raised the temp at t-stat. System ran normally, lowered temp at t-stat. Flame shut off, blower ran, and ran and ran. Checked and found 24v at G (fan control terminal) on the furnace after gas cutoff. Looked at t-stat real good. One of those fancy touch control ones with a stylus to touch it. Fan was on auto wasn't cutting off fan with heat. T-stat had a reset button recessed in a hole. Reset it with the stylus and the fan stopped! (Problem not in furnace!!!). Retried the heat sequence and fan shutdown after a short delay.
    “I am for doing good to the poor, but...I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. I observed...that the more public provisions were made for the poor, the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer.”
    ― Benjamin Franklin

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234