Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    jultzya

I understand what your saying. It just looks to me that you are talking down too much to them. You can make a point without beating a dead horse. These people probiably feel bad enough the way it is.
    Tell me would you tell most of what you put in your first post face to face with a customer. Just the way you wrote it. I doubt it, you would say it a lot nicer.

Originally posted by lakeman1234
    jultzya

I understand what your saying. It just looks to me that you are talking down too much to them. You can make a point without beating a dead horse. These people probiably feel bad enough the way it is.
    Tell me would you tell most of what you put in your first post face to face with a customer. Just the way you wrote it. I doubt it, you would say it a lot nicer.
    Originally posted by jultzya

Welcome to HVAC TALK. However this site has rules against giving out technical advice to DIY'ers. I have attached a link below for your convenience.
    Welcome to HVAC TALK.

Here's something to think about though...

When was the last time you had that unit cleaned and inspected?
    Honest polite question

Now you have a problem with the unit. Fuel costs are skyrocketing.
    Known fact.

So why not call in a professional to repair the unit? While they are there they can clean and inspect your unit to insure a safe living environment for you and your loved ones. Not to mention, having an efficient running system could save you more than the cost of the service.
    Concern for their safety.

What's your safety worth? I'm guessing more than the repair bill.
    Putting things into perspective.

Thanks for your understanding.
    Thanks.

(we can't help DIY, due to site rules )
    What part of that is negative, ****ty, impolite, or otherwise?

I personally would have no problem saying any of that to any of my customers. Of coarse you can't tell from the computer how my tone would be.

It's not WHAT you say, it's HOW you present it.

Well in a way your right when you put it that way. However I still don't care for it too much. But that is my problem. Sorry about that.

No problem man.

Just trying to help.

Well in a way your right when you put it that way. However I still don't care for it too much. But that is my problem. Sorry about that.
    Well, after reading your Bio, I can see why.

You're just a part time HVAC sumthin or another.

We call them weekend warriors around here.

"Side jobbers" Don't need people like you in this field.

What so you think the only people who belong in this field are the ones that work in it full time. Do you think that no one but you can actually do this job? You must have an over rated opinion of your self. I am in a small town, people like you are 40 miles away. Usually after having to deal with people like you they call me. I receive very few complaints. Probiably has to do with your attitude. If it is something I don't know how to do, I have no problem passing it to someone else. I don't have a problem with the words "I don't know". Deal with it.

Will the two of you make up and play nice together?

Usually after having to deal with people like you they call me. I receive very few complaints.
    Yeah, the difference is I get NO complaints unlike your few.

Not even to an apprentice like me ?

That blows !
    The primary function of the design engineer is to make things difficult for the fabricator and impossible for the serviceman.

Boy is he full of himself!
    Too bad we can buy him for what we think he is worth and sell him for what he thinks he is worth. We would never have to work again.

jultzya

I thought that I was playing nice. I have tried not to lower myself to his level by name calling, and insulting for no reason. I have made a few tacky coments but I thought they were justified. It is funny how they can seem to be so high and mighty when they are hiding behind their computers.

By the way I looked at his profile and it said he was self employed. Well I am self employeed part time. There isn't that much difference between the two. Maybe about 15 hours a week working time. I am suprised he didn't call me a Hack also.

Originally posted by 2hot2coolme
    Usually after having to deal with people like you they call me. I receive very few complaints.
    Yeah, the difference is I get NO complaints unlike your few.
    POST DIRECTED AT 2 HOT

Hey i think that this industry is very friendly to other techs, but mate whats up with you ?

I have not even seen some of our countrys top engineers
    talk like that,but what do i know i'm only a 1st year apprentice, i know i would not like to learn from you
    if you talk to tradies like that !

[Edited by fridg on 10-24-2005 at 04:26 AM]
    The primary function of the design engineer is to make things difficult for the fabricator and impossible for the serviceman.

My bigest gripe is with this is he is talking down to people. There is no reason for it.

[Edited by lakeman1234 on 10-24-2005 at 04:30 AM]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast