Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Originally posted by lakeman1234
    My bigest gripe is with this is he is talking down to people. There is no reason for it.

[Edited by lakeman1234 on 10-24-2005 at 04:30 AM]
    FOR HE'S A JOLLY GOOD FELLOW

AND SO SAY
    The primary function of the design engineer is to make things difficult for the fabricator and impossible for the serviceman.

I don't believe that jultza is talking down to anyone. We can't accuratly troubleshoot over the net. There are liability issues to consider as well, if we give the homeowner bad advice and he cooks another board it would be our fault for giving bad advice. If the homeowner injures him/herself or someone else following our advice, we could be held liable. I for one don't want someones injury or death on my consience. The O/P tried to save some money and messed up their system, now they need to call a pro to fix the problem. Case closed

Personally I like when ho's install their own stats.

Make more money that way.

To the OP, time to call a pro, and have it checked and fixed.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Once again we show the homeowner how ignorant we can be by resorting to petty arguments. If you aren't or cant help the homeowner with their question, politly state that and then depart. Here is how you should answer this specific question. "Please read the site rules. While we can't give you specific step by step instructions on how to perform a task,ie thermostat change out, based on your post it sounds as though you MAY have shorted out the low voltage side of your unit. The problem could be as small(read cheap) as a fuse or as large(read expensive) as the control board. Call a qualified service technician to check your unit to prevent futher damage." See how easy that is.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123