Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Unhappy

I finally changed out my manual thermostat with a digital one this afternoon. When all was said and done my single source Trane gas furnace did not work and still does not work. The Led light on the control board is not lit and my circuit breakers did not trip. Did I blow a fuse or did I fry the board? Help? And if I did blow a fuse, where is it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Welcome to HVAC TALK. However this site has rules against giving out technical advice to DIY'ers. I have attached a link below for your convenience.

Here's something to think about though...

When was the last time you had that unit cleaned and inspected?

Now you have a problem with the unit. Fuel costs are skyrocketing.

So why not call in a professional to repair the unit? While they are there they can clean and inspect your unit to insure a safe living environment for you and your loved ones. Not to mention, having an efficient running system could save you more than the cost of the service.

What's your safety worth? I'm guessing more than the repair bill.

Thanks for your understanding.

(we can't help DIY, due to site rules )

You cooked the mother board on the furnace, because you did'nt shut the power off when you put that second hand thermostat in. Now you will have to replace the IFC, Trnsfmr, GV,& HL. I'm sure the heat anticipator on the new thermostat is also cooked, sorry to hear that.

Good luck.

You probiably smoked the step down transformer at the worst. Or you still don't have it wired correctly.

Originally posted by lakeman1234
    Or you still don't have it wired correctly.
    Do you think this would keep his light (on the CB) from lighting?

Nah, it's probably wired correctly, but there's a bunch of cooked up sh$T.

Your right I should have put an "and" instead of an "or"

Just curious after your first post above doging him, are you actually trying to help now?

Your right I should have put an "and" instead of an "or"

Just curious after your first post above doging him, are you actually trying to help now?
    Dogging him? What are you supposed to be some kind of super hero? Post your technical knowledge in the pro's forum not here. People are just fishing for free advice, I'm not in business to make others richer.

2hot2coolme
    Professional Member

You cooked the mother board on the furnace, because you did'nt shut the power off when you put that second hand thermostat in. Now you will have to replace the IFC, Trnsfmr, GV,& HL. I'm sure the heat anticipator on the new thermostat is also cooked, sorry to hear that.

Good luck.

Like that was a realistic post.

Yeah, I guess you're too stupid to realize that I won't give this person the detailed information they're searching for DORK!

2hot2coolme
    Professional Member

Yeah, I guess you're too stupid to realize that I won't give this person the detailed information they're searching for DORK!

Well for your information I don't think I gave out any trade secrets either. You don't have to have such an attitude. Didn't your wife give you any tonight? If you act like that all the time it's no wonder.

Help him; I believe I did that in the first post. Did I not? Trying to advise him to have their unit cleaned and inspected to insure a safe living environment.

I'm trying to help save this site from becoming a DIY site.

It is against the rules you know?

Hah, you're funny!

My whole point is....just bring you're technical stuff where it belongs, and not giving it away for free.

There are certain things that can be told for free and certain things that cost me a lot of money to learn. I'm not just gonna give that kind of info away.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast