Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: w/i

Is there not a rule requiring punctuation on this site? Because just reading the original post makes me feel dizzy.

One of my co-workers speaks so fast like he's in a super hurry, and I can hardly ever understand anything he's asking me. It reminds me of reading a post that has no punctuation.

It shouldn't be so much work to understand your question. If you want our help, please take the effort to present your data in a clear manner. There are some really smart people on here and they are more than happy to help, but don't make it such a chore.

Quote Originally Posted by ruuufuhbock View Post
    why would he ask about superheat? hes trying to make it cold...
    Ahhhhhhh, it all makes sense now.
    If you really know how it works, you have an execellent chance of fixin' er up!

Tomorrow is promised to no one...

Quote Originally Posted by mr kev View Post
    I also hate the term FREON. Maybe I am just being picky. When my guys say it I always correct them and say "refrigerant". Freon is just a brand by good ol dupont. Had to vent cause I remember this topic came up at work this past week
    Refrigerant is way too general of a term - that could be anything from water to ammonia. I insist people specify and call it chlorodifluoromethane, or difluoromethane-pentafluoroethane blend to keep from confusing the customer.

Then I drink a coke(R) and blow my nose with a kleenex(R). I'll sometimes use another kleenex(R) to wipe down my channel-locks(R) and crescent(R) wrenches that were made by Craftsman(?).

Quote Originally Posted by cjpwalker View Post
    Refrigerant is way too general of a term - that could be anything from water to ammonia. I insist people specify and call it chlorodifluoromethane, or difluoromethane-pentafluoroethane blend to keep from confusing the customer.

Then I drink a coke(R) and blow my nose with a kleenex(R). I'll sometimes use another kleenex(R) to wipe down my channel-locks(R) and crescent(R) wrenches that were made by Craftsman(?).
    What's your definition of freon there cliff?

Btw coke is bad for you
    Only Chuck Norris can slam a revolving door

Confused

Quote Originally Posted by tazg View Post
    hi guys i have a celment w/i box i got there found temp @51f gas mp 39 water cool head was225psi back 27 i adjusted water reg to 175 had to water reg valve because it was laeking thru recoved freon charge drier recharge with 134 water temp going in 67 out 77 temp 43 box size 14x7x9 ht will be checking tomorrow have to get temp to 40 thanks phil
    compressor m#aha7480axd heatcaft evep adt090aj s/g fullhttp://hvac-talk.com/vbb/images/icons/icon17.gif

Can you Xerox® me a copy of this?

Btw coke is bad for you
    haha, cliff... I suppose if I was a generic form of someone named Cliff then that would make sense.

My definition? "Freon" is a trade name of CFC and HCFC refrigerants manufactured by DuPont. "Freon" is also a generic descriptor, or sometimes known as an eponym, where that trade name is used to describe all flourocarbon refrigerants.

Is it proper? Well, I suppose dupont would say no. Am I going to correct a customer? No. Will I use the term myself with a customer? Absolutely, as they have an idea of what Freon is, and very often I've got a cylinder of Freon-22 with me.

Here's a quick read on the subject: http://http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/1464/is-there-a-term-for-trade-names-that-become-generic

Quote Originally Posted by smilies View Post
    Can you Xerox® me a copy of this?
    Nah, I'll just write it down on a Post-It for you...

Sorry for the hi-jack.
    Last edited by cjpwalker; 07-19-2011 at 01:26 AM. Reason: fixed link

It's not Freon, it's FreeZone. Just ask some of your custiomers. Long time since I have seen a Dupont cylinder. Freon es a registered Trade name of I. E. Dupont as is Genetron and Forane.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^

I have 2 in my van and we have a pallet of them at the shop.

Quote Originally Posted by rayr View Post
    Long time since I have seen a Dupont cylinder.

No need to get all fancy I just call it what it is.
    R-22, R-408, R-404, R-507...and so on.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^

I have 2 in my van and we have a pallet of them at the shop.
    Yeah, but we deal wiht UR and all they carry is the National Refrigerant. Don't know about Johnstone or RE Michaels.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast