Couple years ago several of you helped me out in making sense of all the brands and which components were desirable while I was helping my mother have a new system installed. I decided on a rheem because of its exchanger, ignitor, scroll and reliability.

Now I need to begin replacing the systems in some 2 BR apartment units. Both contractors I know do good work and I trust but one uses weatherking and the other Philco in their economy models. I'll need a 45k btu 80% single stage gas furnace and I believe the weatherking in that size is very similar to that of the rheem with maybe the same exchanger and ignitor? The Philco all I know of is that Nordyne makes them.

For AC I am looking at the Weatherking 10AJA2501 2 ton 10 seer. Now I believe this just uses a recip compressor and not a scroll (or do all small condensors use recips?). Are there other component differences between a 10 seer rheem and weatherking? Is it similarly reiable? With the Philco AC again I can find little info on their components and quality. Any advise and guidance would be much appreciated.