Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by allan38 View Post
    He must have been desperate after high utility bills.

Here is a misting system, a more polished example of the same idea.

http://www.mistcooling.com/acprecool.html

It does lower energy bills, until the hard water coats the condenser coil with minerals.
    Only if you feed it with hard water...

Quote Originally Posted by allan38 View Post
    He must have been desperate after high utility bills.

Here is a misting system, a more polished example of the same idea.

http://www.mistcooling.com/acprecool.html

It does lower energy bills, until the hard water coats the condenser coil with minerals.
    Wow, i should have patented my idea!!! But ive used sprinklers many times to get out of a pinch! Back in 2007 we had extreme temps and i carried sprinklers on my truck to keep people cool if they wanted to pay for the water!

I went on a roof a couple of months ago, and found three twenty ton carrier roof top units with a piped in sprinkler system spraying water on all three condenser coils. It was piped in PVC and had popup sprinkler heads. The building owner said it had been like that for about five or six years. The gravel roof looked like a swamp, and I was afraid I was going to get snake bit. The owner said he was going to change out the units next year. I would have loved to see his water bill.

nice vibrant picture

the umbrella lends a bit of a gay look to the whole job

It looks like it was designed by one the old retired Bell Helicopter Engineers that lives over there in the H.E.B. area..... lol too funny
    If you don't know... ASK!

went on a service call about 2yrs ago customer took 1soaker hose and coiled it around condenser coil then wrapped a 4in thick foam rubber piece around the entire coil then coiled another soaker hose around the mess .stated he was told the unit would raise the efficency dramaticly ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by foobee View Post
    went on a service call about 2yrs ago customer took 1soaker hose and coiled it around condenser coil then wrapped a 4in thick foam rubber piece around the entire coil then coiled another soaker hose around the mess .stated he was told the unit would raise the efficency dramaticly ha ha
    It might... 65-70°F water over the coils is going to be much better than 95°F air... until the water destroys the coil...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12