Question

can anyone recomend good amana (goodman) tech. in south jersey (blackwood turnersville area). i would like 115k 96%furnace and 16 SEER 5 ton hp or ac. i thought would like dual fuel system, but after doing some figureing i do not think it will save me on energy bills. cost of gas is $1.30 PER THERM (south jersey gas). ELECT=$0.115 per Kwh (winter rate)0.14 per kwh (summer rate) (atlantic city electric- conective). at these rates, i do not think it pays to use HP for heating in s. jersey. am i missing something???? current 92% 125k furnace uses abt 1560 therms per yr. current 10 seer ac (15 yrs old) uses abt 10,000 kwhs. per year. so far i have had 2 hvac "pros" come out.i told both, in advance of their coming, i was thinking of Amana or goodman system. 1st guy said go geothermal hp!! abt. $28k. no measurements, only looked at current furnace, never even looked at condensor! 2nd guy ,"pro", almost same treatment. i asked him about amana he said he could do it, but came back with top of the line lenox hp & furnace bid. i just can not afford these systems, regardless of how good they are!! i would really like goodman system (because of price), but can't get anybody to give answers to my questions. years ago, when i was working always drove caddy, never thought i'd switch. now disabled, i drive ford. just can't afford caddy anymore! someone please help! many thanks.

prisision air out of trenton
    they haigh top quality guys and can handle your concerns
    i think they go to your erea

thanks tinknocker. trenton is about 70 mi from here,but i will call them. i would doubt they would come that far south though. what do you think abt dual fuel in my situation? thanks again.

How did you determine the furnace and a/c sizes you are looking for? Did either one of these companies perform a heat loss/gain on your home?

goodman distributor just south of you keep looking should be able to find dealer if that's what you really want.

Just call the closest Goodman vendor and ask them who does cheap side work. They should have a whole list of names you can choose from.
    "And remember my sentimental friend......that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others" - Wizard of Oz.

Keep looking until you find a good reputable HVAC licensed installer company. The installation is more important than the equipment brand.

Goodman/Amana will get the job done for you, if BTUH sized right, and properly installed, with proper sized and sealed ductwork.

http://www.udarrell.com/air-conditio...tent-heat.html

- Darrell

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Originally posted by udarrell
    Keep looking until you find a good reputable HVAC licensed installer company. The installation is more important than the equipment brand.

Goodman/Amana will get the job done for you, if BTUH sized right, and properly installed, with proper sized and sealed ductwork.

- Darrell

Per your site,"typically ---installed equipment only operates at 50 to 70% of capacity".

So if this is true ,wouldn't oversized be the right size??LOL

[QUOTE]Originally posted by dash

Per your site,"typically ---installed equipment only operates at 50 to 70% of capacity".

HOOORAY!!! Somebody finally got the message. I am so happy I can't stand it.
    "And remember my sentimental friend......that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others" - Wizard of Oz.

1)brand bashers need not reply. 2)ductwork design was checked 15yrs ago,by engineer (when curreent system was installed). heat calc was done at same time. 3)if anything current system is too small. this is one of two systems in this house. only doing 1st floor (2975 sq ft.,10'x20'all glass sun room , large open stairwell to 2dn floor, etc.) 3)i would like second heat calc done, but installers around here so far (lenox, bryant) did not even bother.only wanted to sell me something that i did not want. 4) i do not want to waste time with installers i have called if they only want to sell me something i can not afford! 5) no one has answered my question abt dual fuel system. 6)i think i am asking legit. questions and am looking for legit. answers. 7)RoBo or Baldloonie where the hell are you!! 8) i am not looking for weekend warrior! i would like a pro to do this job properly without trying to beat my head in with whatever brand they make most profit on. when i worked, i was paid a good hourly wage. i am more than happy to pay a pro for his services.

finucchi1)whenyourwholeposttogetheritmakesithardas helltoreaddid'tyoueverlearnwhataparagraphwasinscho ol?

Originally posted by dash
    Originally posted by udarrell

- Darrell

Ouote: "Typically ---installed equipment only operates at 50 to 70% of capacity".
    -----------------
    That is precisely what equipment mfg'ers and installers need to work on to increase -- within all the variable operating conditions. There are a lot of ways for all segments of our industry to work toward improving the LOW BTUH operating capacity performance of most equipment installations.

The purpose of my pages has been and will always be to emphasize the workable best practices procedures to obtain the optimal performance from the properly sized equipment they install. “Oversizing equipment is the best way to defeat,” --efficient, near as possible full-load performance under variable temperature and latent load conditions!

The central purpose of my site's pages is to help contractors’ to downsize equipment as much as possible and then use a temperature and humidity sensing automated variable speed blower to achieve an optimal heat loading of the evaporator coil. Oh-yes, if the buyer can afford it, you can also spend more money to get a two-speed or variable-speed compressor; however, there are other ways to achieve a similar result.

The objective ought to be to get the variable sensible and latent (Run-Time) heat transfer rates, as close as possible to the ratings of the equipment in respect to what the occupants want to achieve toward their optimal comfort zone. - Darrell

[Edited by udarrell on 10-24-2005 at 01:18 PM]