Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Refresh my memory, isn't the G-20 the one with inshot burners and a blue ignition module.

Wish they would just name the furnaces. Everyone know what a whisper heat is.
    Beware of advice given by some guy on the Internet.

Battle Creek MI Occupation: Simi-retired 57 year old, in home and shop appliance tecnician, (since 1967).

Smile

This furnace has the old style burners and a motorized damper door on the primary air intake.
    I changed out the pilot-sensor assy, made no difference. Then I replaced the original Robertshaw ignition module with a Honeywell S8610U. The furnace is now working great, the young man I was teaching was glad to see the whole process, the wiring change can be kind of tricky on some of those modules. Not to mention dealing with that spring loaded damper. Thanks very much for the input gentelmen.
    PS; Learning to fly a remote controled helecopter is harder than the real thing--- so I've been told.

Thanks again!!

Well Lynn, I sure know what a whisper heat is as I worked for a company that sold Lennox. Learned the hard way how to repair them, at night, alone, in the cold and dark.

Also met a few pulses along the way. I like them.

But the w.h. almost always would need a new pilot burner when excessive clicking was noted or when it was going into lockout. Now with a blue module problem, the symptoms were a little different but it could also result in lockouts. We replaced a lot of them under warranty just because they were there and after warranties expired I would explain to customers why it was beneficial to replace the module AND the pilot burner. Most if not all went along with me and were saved a future service call or two. Once they were replaced, the units usually ran good and dependable unless water got to the circuit board.

However:

"I don't know what kind of advice you guys are giving this poor guy, but you're gonna get him hurt, it's obvious the problem lies in the time delay in the ODFM this is the first thing you want to check before goin through all that other trouble." by another poster may mean that:

I got my head up my whatchamacallit. Anyone got a flashlight?

[Edited by MikeJ on 10-24-2005 at 07:45 PM]

th wh i dont think ever had the blue control. as i remember it was the large wr control. it was a very dependable control. wish ful lenox is now useing the honeywell control only it has a build in 30 second delay so the burners can not be shoet cycled in the event of a power flicker. would recomend getting one.
    good job and good luck. god be with you

You're right about the control,

That furnace would probably be better off replaced.

Now I'm really confused. I was thinking apples where the problem was with oranges.

Does the whisper Heat have both a blue ignition module and a circuit board that hangs on the blower shelf?

Beware of advice given by some guy on the Internet.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123