Flame sensor micro amps
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Battle Creek MI Occupation: Simi-retired 57 year old, in home and shop appliance tecnician, (since 1967).

Hmm

Lennox G2003E-75-2. Has spark-to-pilot module and seprate sensor rod. It has a pretty blue pilot with good impingement, I cleaned the sensor rod with a soft brass brush and clean white paper, my Fluke reads 1.4 micro amps in series with the sensor. The main valve wont kick in and the furnace goes into lockout. What micro amp reading should I be getting? (I think I have a weak module.) Thanks guys, from a 'retired' tech with a bad memory.

your reading seems ok

so what is the voltage from the sensor to ground?

Check for voltage at the main gas valve terminals or at the module output serving the gas valve. If your microamps are good your module should energize the gas valve main valve.

Try reversing the polarity. Your 1.4΅A reading should go up to 2.8΅A
    "And remember my sentimental friend......that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others" - Wizard of Oz.

Battle Creek MI Occupation: Simi-retired 57 year old, in home and shop appliance tecnician, (since 1967).
    I'm going back tomorrow, this furnace has worked fine 'till this season. Did you mean to check the polarity of the 120vac that powers the furnace? I will do that before replacing anything, however I do need to check for 24vac at the gas valve and continuity of the main coil on that valve also. The spark that lights the pilot keeps clicking untill lockout. I do expect voltage from the sensor to ground, but then again I don't remember what that reading should be. I do remember on some HSI units that if you get 103 to 105v from the sensor to ground, then the module is bad. Is it the same for spark to pilot? Thanks again guys.

Originally posted by wishful
    The spark that lights the pilot keeps clicking untill lockout.
    Here's your sign!

I'm kidding BTW.

pv to mv

make sure all you limits are good..

roll out switch, high limit, provent switch, etc, all these could hold it back. What model of controler would help.

When u get a pilot jump pv to mv. This will verify you have a good gas valve.

regadrs,
    kelvin

ake sure the connection for the flame senser to the control is good and tight. i have seen a lot with loose spade connections and the true signal never reaches the control. i have also seen cases where the clip that holds the senser in place is loose and the senser drops down a little and dose not get the right recifacation.
    personaly i think you have a defective control. but just a guess

Why don’t you idiots just give your phone numbers out so you can give every homeowner in the country step by step free advice so no contractor in the country can make a living.

All you idiots are doing is building a file where every homeowner can go hit search and solve their problems here instead of calling a local contractor.

What the heck do you think the Pro technical forum is for? Did you ever possibly think it might be to discuss matters such as this?

Hey made in the usa good point, i hope they listen to you.

Yeah I agree. By the lingo he was using he sounded competent but after reviewing his past posts I now realize he is an illegal side jobber being very selfish in taking work away from legitimate contractors. Sorry wishful, no more technical help.
    "And remember my sentimental friend......that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others" - Wizard of Oz.

One must keep an open mind.
    it could be an "impossible" to clean impregnated sensor rod even another malady of same.
    OR could be 'nother issue entirely.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast