Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am in need of some advice. I have replaced the control board, pressure switch & thermostat on my Colman furnace and I am still not ingniting. Is there anyone out there that might be able to help?

Yes. What is your address? I'll send a service man over!

Service man

If that was what I could afford I would have called one myslef. Thanks but no thanks.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    What if it's just a small cost to repair,and you've spent how much on parts already??

small cost.

Well I am in Michigan, first the LED was flashing telling me that the pressure switch was bad, then I belive I shorted out the system board and my wife said the thermostat was smoking at the same time as the short. My problem is I have spent out themoney for the parts and now I am broke, I have a 1 year old that I need to keep warm. So any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

What do you want us to do from here? You tried to save money and still don't have heat. Its going to take more money to fix it and there is nothing anyone here can do to help.

I believe the bus station is open all nite. Its warm. Sounds like you don't have a good credit line and now you may kiss your ass.

Angry Some of the help here???????????

I thought this was a help area, now I see it is just a group of ass's, so much for any advice other than rude advice. I would like to thak all the idiots that have replyed to my post. Please disregard my post I will seek advice elsewere.

Very unhappy with this board and will never recommed it to anyone.

did you check the power switch it might be turned off

Your broke and have no heat because you tried to fix a problem beyond your abilities and we are the asses?

No, this isn't a help site. Rules for hvac-talk specifically prohibit helping DIY due to liability and general safety issues. A baloon bouquet will likely be arriving soon, he's probably just tying them off as I type. We can't give what you want specifically.

But, here is a hint:
    The LED didn't necessarily mean the pressure switch was bad. Instead what the pressure switch is attached to and monitors was likely out of sorts. Remember the movie Caddyshack? You have to "be the ball". The problem could be caused by any number of things, some simple- others a pain in the neck to find and cure. That's why we suggest calling in a pro. We can't tell without seeing the thing in person or we'll just be guessing, too and smoking a stat or frying a board could be the least of your problems. If we did and were wrong, how does possible electrocution, severe burns, CO poisoning or a house fire sound for saturday night activity? A good tech can diagnose what could be a variety of problems probably in very short time and without letting smoke out of components. Sometimes the LED's are correct in their diagnosis, usually they're just telling you what the symptoms are and a good HVAC doctor needs to examine the patient to see what's causing the pain. My advice- grab a blanket and get cozy with your loved one if you don't wish to pay after hour/weekend service rates.

PS- I have an aunt & uncle in Grand Blanc- beautiful country up there! Best luck.
    Don't confuse me with facts, my mind is already made up.

First you messed with something you knew NOTHING about and spent money on parts that were not likely needed.

Then, you come in and ask a DIY question on a professional board that strictly prohibits such a thing.

Then you complain that you can't afford to call in a professional, but yet you just wasted money on parts YOU blew up!

Then in your last post you call us the A$$es???

I might be an ass, but you know what... my heat WORKS!
    (and so do the ones I just got done with tonight)

Now that that's out of the way... think about the life of your child. What is their safety worth? I think you would drop a couple hundred at the doctor's office to save their life, would you not? Sure you would... so treat this as a doctor’s call and get someone on the way. If money is a problem, there are ways to work around that. I would say that most companies would have worked with you before you even touched the unit. And some could have repaired the unit for what you probably have spent on the parts already.

Please pick up the phone and make a call, you could have a potentially dangerous unit and don't even know it!

(we can't help DIY, due to site rules )

Talking Re: Service man

Originally posted by megabite44
    If that was what I could afford I would have called one myslef. Thanks but no thanks.

You have replaced almost half of the furnace parts already, why not replace the rest and you're sure to fix the problem. No sense in paying the expensive costs of a competent service company. Another $400.00 or $500.00 and you should be able to cure the problem easily, all by yourself.

[Edited by htg guy on 10-23-2005 at 09:56 AM]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast