Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New guy here

New guy here

Just found this site. Looks like a lot of helpful info here. Just graduated a 15 month course. Have my EPA, NATE and OSHA card. Have a lot to learn about A/c units still. Have gas furnaces down prettt well. Any ways thanks in advance for the question's that I will need answered!

Welcome.

welcome,you'll need to get that post count up for when you need answers
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Hello, welcome to the board.

When you get A/C figured out clue me in. Eighteen years and I still have these machines make me back up scratch my head and say it ain't supposed to do that.lol. Just remember if all else fails: back to basics. And an old Doolan Trouble Shooters Bible does help.

Quote Originally Posted by meoberry View Post
    When you get A/C figured out clue me in. Eighteen years and I still have these machines make me back up scratch my head and say it ain't supposed to do that.lol. Just remember if all else fails: back to basics. And an old Doolan Trouble Shooters Bible does help.
    All due respect intended, pitch that doolan's Bible in the trash. Light bulb testers are not for pros!
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us.

Two pressures, four temperatures = SUCCESS!

Boulder Heating Contractor

For Consumers:

For HVACR Professionals:

Thanks for the welcoming! I'm going on a furnace, A/c install tomorrow. I've already installed gas furnaces before but the ac will be a good learn! I really need to practice brazing. Need to get an inexpensive torch and practice at home. Any suggestiins on 1 that's not going to break the bank?

Quote Originally Posted by Leyland34 View Post
    Thanks for the welcoming! I'm going on a furnace, A/c install tomorrow. I've already installed gas furnaces before but the ac will be a good learn! I really need to practice brazing. Need to get an inexpensive torch and practice at home. Any suggestiins on 1 that's not going to break the bank?
    LOL, nope. Cheap enough to be cheap means dangerous.

don't lay your bottles down, ALWAYS STAND THEM UP.

maybe craigslist.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us.

For Consumers:

For HVACR Professionals:

Tried Cl no luck. What kind do you use turbo torches?

Tried Cl no luck. What kind do you use turbo torches?

Nope, but I think that would be my first choice next time around. They have awesome tips.

For Consumers:

For HVACR Professionals:

Yea for a torch with 2 tips is almost 300. Plus I still need the tank so its going to be awhile till I get some lol

Yea for a torch with 2 tips is almost 300. Plus I still need the tank so its going to be awhile till I get some lol
    Buying tools when you are starting out is a tough thing. You want and need quality. You also need variety because every time you turn around there's a new task, a need for a new tool. You need to focus on basic hand tools first.

As to practicing with a torch, ask your boss if you can take one home for the weekend with a few sticks of silfoss. you need to offer to pay for all this, but the gas is way cheaper than the rig. silfoss is getting pricey though. save for the day when you can buy a good set, it should last you 10 years minimum!!! That's not something to blow your money on for a crappy set.

PS- dude, you've got me breaking the rules now, LOL.

go to the tools section for this stuff.

Post there. Get your post count up and join the pro crowd. just beware that it takes time to get approved. Try to do twice as much reading here as you do posting AT A MINIMUM!!!

You are on a long road my friend, get started!!!

For Consumers:

For HVACR Professionals:

Quote Originally Posted by darctangent View Post
    PS- dude, you've got me breaking the rules now, LOL.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast