Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Originally posted by t527ed
    Originally posted by RoBoTeq
    Originally posted by iago
    I would go with a lennox.
    Why?

the OP asked for quiet and servicable lennox is at or near the top on both points.
    Thanks. I am not aware of this. Last I heard on this forum, Rheem/Ruud is claiming to have the quietest gas furnaces and I don't think there is any outside unit easier to access then a Rheem/Ruud rectangular unit.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

i have had nothing but customer sastifaction with lennox system. But there is a lot of quiet service freindly systems you could go with.
    Thanks for the clarification and welcome aboard. I already like your style but some of the brand whore extremists are going to be nasty to you so put on some armour and continue posting :S
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Originally posted by t527ed
    I would go with a lennox.
    Why?

the OP asked for quiet and servicable lennox is at or near the top on both points.
    Thanks. I am not aware of this. Last I heard on this forum, Rheem/Ruud is claiming to have the quietest gas furnaces and I don't think there is any outside unit easier to access then a Rheem/Ruud rectangular unit.
    any lennox HS series is much easier to service than the rectangle units. lennox 10acc and 13 acc are a pain but we never sell bottom line units anyway

as far as furnaces go i don't see much differnce in noise with the sealed combustion and v drive blowers. all are very quiet

[Edited by t527ed on 10-24-2005 at 07:37 PM]

What are your thought's on a Oil fired system with direct venting, I was unaware (Dumb) that Oil gave more energy pound for pound than L.P.

oil stinks, not sure if direct vent is even made. sure would not want one

There is a direct vent oil furnace. However have you seen the prices of oil lately?

All Fuel prices are through the roof, thats why Im feeling out all my options and listening to everyone who post's.

Some of you have great idea's, some are just out of my budget.

A Hydro air system sounds good, get rid of that dry air, definately not going with a heat pump, not in Northern Connecticut. Now to figure out L.P. or oil.

My last house was N/G , never had a problem, system ran clean, not having a tank in my basement was a plus also.

one thing you can be sure of. if NG is going up so is oil
    in turn so will electic. the plus side is as high efiecieny as possible. heat pumps can give i believe 250percent or higher rateing. with 90plus backup you will be as far ahead as posible. as far as the savings and pay back goes depends on what the utility price level out at. to even think of useing last years costs for a comparisome would be futile.

I would be going duel fuel but I have always thought that If it were me I would look into adding strip heat besides the gas or propane with a heat pump. The way every fuel is going up , why not have the option of electric backup too. I dont know about ground source being what little I did with it when it first came out, it was real expensive and I dont think they were as good as they are now. Now those new Heat pumps for cold temperature look interesting but for the price the warranty on the compressors are only 5 years...for that price they should be at least 10, but its a heat pump running year round. Oil aaaahh I dont think so.

the only thing i dont like about lennox are them damb pure air cleaners. They make one size, and its quite large.And one more thing the mighty 21 seer. I will be on L&I soon if you customers keep buying them.

[Edited by iago on 10-25-2005 at 08:36 PM]

http://www.americanstandardair.com/VideoRequest.asp

Go to this website and get the video. This will answer all of your questions.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123