Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Now wait a minute Made. Robo, was merely asking how lennox was the solution to this man's problem, regardless whether its a heap pump, gas or nuclear powered unit. Even you should have jumped all over this type of an answer.

Clearly iago is on to something yet has decided not to tell the rest of us how he came to such a brilliant conclusion.

superbike0

Click on the red tab at the top of the page and do your own loss/gain calc for a few $. Then when someone gives you their calcs for your new home picking a contractor may be easier. Good Luck with your new home.
    Be safe not fast. body parts don't grow back

Originally posted by RoBoTeq
    Originally posted by iago
    I would go with a lennox.
    Why?

the OP asked for quiet and servicable lennox is at or near the top on both points.

Doc- how small a nuke does Lennox make? LOL I have an uncle in Arizona who is a retired Nuclear Regulatory Commission engineer, maybe he can help me over the phone hook one up. I guess installed costs will be a little high, but long term savings might make it worthwhile????
    Don't confuse me with facts, my mind is already made up.

Originally posted by Midwest
    Doc- how small a nuke does Lennox make? LOL I have an uncle in Arizona who is a retired Nuclear Regulatory Commission engineer, maybe he can help me over the phone hook one up. I guess installed costs will be a little high, but long term savings might make it worthwhile????
    i have installed a few of them and found replacing the fuel rods once a year and that dam suit to be a pain. also what to do with those silly rods my truck is starting to glow lol

I have a few questions for Brian if he is still here but I fear we are just arguing with ourselves.
    "And remember my sentimental friend......that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others" - Wizard of Oz.

Superbike0

My first choice would be Geo-Thermal but that depends on your area. Propane would be my last choice for heat. Go with oil, preferably Thermo Pride with a 14 + SEER Heat Pump set up as a Duel Fuel.

Check with your local utility for there rebate programs.

Good luck with your search.

No,no..,the new zirconium/indium rods are reversable and discharge the extra neutrons thru the exhaust stack.

i have had nothing but customer sastifaction with lennox system. But there is a lot of quiet service freindly systems you could go with.

Are the variable speed motors quieter because they are run on DC ??

Partially but most noise complaints arent from the motor itself, its from the high static or the motor's close proximity to the return grille. In fact, if the ductwork is bad, the ECM may actually make more noise because it will move the air versus a PSC which drops airflow as static increases. The ECM, however can be reduced for the fan only mode durning system off cycles.

Docholiday, your killing me! Only kidding, Im just brand new to all the lingo, what is the PSC, Pressure Sensor Control??? (just a guess)
    Thanks

Quiet furnace

Don't buy A Tappan or any of the "Nordyne" manufactured products if you want the ultimate in "Quiet" operation. I had a 94+ 2 stage Tappan installed in my newest home and it makes noticebly more noise moving air through it than the units from Carrier/Bryant or Lennox. Also the "Inducer motor makes noticeably more noise in the Tappan, that looks like it has to do with how the inducer motor is mounted to the interior cabinet's metal parts. It is not as well isolated from the cabinet as in other manufactured units.
    I find nothing wrong with LP, it'll always be cheaper than electric and will be competitive with natural gas and or oil depending on where you're located. You can buy LP for the storage tank any time during the year when the cost of LP is lowest. You don't have that option with natural gas or electric.
    A well designed duct system can help greatly in reducing the noise of the entire system. I'm seeing a lot of "horrible" distribution systems installed most are undersized with VERY inadequate returns.
    If you consider installing a "Heat Pump" system with a LP for backup, THAT will be the point where additional equipment and technical installs and setup become an issue of repairs. Read more posts from here RE: heat pumps and malfunctions.
    Phil

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast