Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Regular 2 speed motor, very expensive to run all the time. Variable speed, very cheap. Around 1/10th the cost of operation. Keep in mind Casturbo, this is only for variables, not your conventional motor.

Originally posted by seatonheating
    Regular 2 speed motor, very expensive to run all the time. Variable speed, very cheap. Around 1/10th the cost of operation. Keep in mind Casturbo, this is only for variables, not your conventional motor.
    The variable speed motor does sound good, but saying it cost 10 cents a day cannot be true....that's equivalent to a 40 watt light bulb staying lit all the time!!?? Is that what a 1/2 hp motor runs on variable speed?

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    1/2 HP @ .5 ESP,1400 cfm,is527 watts,1050 cfm s,is 299 watts.
    The 40 or 60 watts wpuld be at 525 cfm @.2 ESP,which in this case,is unlikely,since they have a 5 ' media filter.However Infinity offers low,med. and high,user controled options for the fan speed on the off cycle,so around a 100 watts is possible.

I also own an Infinity system. Whenever I put the fan on low instead of auto the humidity level increases by as much as 4% in a 4 hour time period. I'm starting to wonder if the fan being set on manual instead of auto affects the dehumidify function of the Infinity system by not allowing it to come on as long as the temp setpoint has been reached.

On my system the Infinity controller indicates the fan speed when set manually on low is about 220 cfm per ton, which is the same as the low cool fan speed when it is set on auto.

Is there another reason why continuous fan operation, even when set on low, is allowing for higher humidity levels?

Is it possible the Infinity system dehumidify function will not operate if the fan is not set on Auto and the temp setpoint of 75 degrees has been reached?

In addition to more uniform temperature control and air filtering, the "On" mode also dries the coil and ducts as much as possible between cooling cycles. A couple hours of drying each day slows mold growth in the ducts considerably. During the low a/c load days, this practice increases the humidity levels. 1 lb. of water evaporated into 1,000 sqft. space increases the humidity 8 %RH. A high SEER 3 ton coil retains 4-6 lbs. of water per cycle. For real humidity control, a good dehumidifier in needed for the low/no a/c load days. As a dehumidifier mfgr., we recommend "Auto" on the a/c fan during cooling season. This minimizes the dehumidifier load. Personally, I operate in the "on" mode. It's very comfortable but more load on the dehumidifier. TB

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Originally posted by jeffs
    I also own an Infinity system. Whenever I put the fan on low instead of auto the humidity level increases by as much as 4% in a 4 hour time period. I'm starting to wonder if the fan being set on manual instead of auto affects the dehumidify function of the Infinity system by not allowing it to come on as long as the temp setpoint has been reached.

On my system the Infinity controller indicates the fan speed when set manually on low is about 220 cfm per ton, which is the same as the low cool fan speed when it is set on auto.

Is there another reason why continuous fan operation, even when set on low, is allowing for higher humidity levels?

Is it possible the Infinity system dehumidify function will not operate if the fan is not set on Auto and the temp setpoint of 75 degrees has been reached?
    The coil is wet after a run cycle,so some of that moisture will be put back in the air stream.You might have a problem with the coil drainung completely,leaving water standing in the pan,this would increase the amount of moisture returned to the home by runnng the fan.

What model coil do you have?

Coil is CC5AXA, 2 1/2 ton, paired with a 38TDB 3ton, 58MVP 80.

Yes the low/no AC load days are a bit of an issue, but I'm not sure if a humidifier is necessary or just more knowledge of how the Infinity dehumidify function works. Seems surprising that we would spend all this money and still need to supplement the system with a humidifier from the local hardware store.

No offence intended, I'm sure your products are good, and would be a welcome addition to many systems. The Infinity shouldn't need one, the system should work as is.

Jeffs

Sorry that should read dehumidifier not humidifier!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12