Coleman heater issue

Hybrid View

Greetings-

I have an old stand alone coleman heater unit and am having problems with it. The pilot light is staying lit but when I turn the thermostat on to call up the main burner it will not fire up for some reason. Would appreciate what direction to take on this issue.... if anyone needs certain specs or a model number on the unit please let me know..

When was the last time you had that unit cleaned and inspected?

Now you have a problem with the unit. Fuel costs are skyrocketing.

So why not call in a professional to repair the unit? While they are there they can clean and inspect your unit to insure a safe living environment for you and your loved ones. Not to mention, having an efficient running system could save you more than the cost of the service.

What's your safety worth? I'm guessing more than the repair bill.

Welcome to HVAC TALK and thanks for your understanding.

(we can't help DIY, due to site rules )

ah I see my apologies.. I remember this site from 2-3 years back and was able to get some good advice then on my issue. I serviced the unit myself last year ..cleaned the manifold and checked for cracks etc...replaced pilot light sensor. i'm guessing its the actual feed valve but I guess I will just have to get into it and see whats going on..thank you for your time..and again my apologies.