Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ok, Robo

Post Likes

Red face

Robo, you wanted to stack your experience up against mine.
    I have been in the field since 1989. I am Nate certified in gas furnaces and heat pumps. I have been a journeyman since 1992. Big Deal.
    You may have more experience than me and some of your posts have been insightful.
    However. . . . .
    With all of your experience,you still don't know a pile of crap when you see one. (goodman / janitrol)
    :P
    Live for yourself and ask no one to live for you.

Post Likes
    Oh Boy!! look out!

Post Likes
    Wow 56 post and you have shown yourself to be clueless. Robin just leave this one alone it is not worth it.

Post Likes
    Buckle up boys its gonna be a fun ride!

So much for Robin having a calm weekend!

You picked a fine time to leave me loose wheel...

http://rapalaguy.spaces.live.com/

Post Likes
    my my temper temper I have worked in this field since 78 been journeyman since 82 worked on more gas furnaces than you will ever see to run someone down like that is petty robo does seem to know his stuff which is more than i can say for you

Post Likes
    Originally posted by inturmoil

I have been in the field since 1989. I am Nate certified in gas furnaces and heat pumps. I have been a journeyman since 1992. Big Deal.

:P

rookie

Post Likes
    this is gonna be good.
    FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE!!

Post Likes
    Alberta!
    I gotsa beat, I have been in the business sence 1955.
    I am not sahmed of either. I have seen a lot of changes. You are soooooo right
    ROBO does seem to know his stuff. I for one am going to stand with him.

Post Likes
    No show guys, classical is showing the cooler head on this one. Besides, I usually don't have a battle of the wits with unarmed posters.
    Training is important!
    Practical Training is a must!

Post Likes
    Thanks for the support guys. I certainly do not claim to know it all. That is one of the main reasons I come here, to learn. You all don't see my learning process as much as when I am helping others or having fun. When I am learning, I am usually not posting on that thread....just reading.

It's not like we haven't had balls-a-swinging newbies here before.

Actually, I cannot even remember what it was that this thread starter stated that prompted my arrogant post, but I do remember thinking what a complete ass he was being.

Wouldn't it be ironic if I ever taught a class turmoil took ?

[Edited by RoBoTeq on 10-21-2005 at 11:23 PM]
    Training is important!

Post Likes
    Ok, I got ya all beat:

We lived in a hole in the road covered with old newspaper,
    Had to get up 1/2 hr. before we went to bed,
    Work 25 hrs a day serviceing units in crawlspaces
    At the end of the day, the boss would kill us, cut us up into little pieces and dance on our graves.

Try to tell that to some of these rookies and they just won't believe you.

(addapted from Monty Python) LOL
    "Go big or Go Home"

Post Likes
    Isn't Love wonderfull. We all call ourselfs professional but with some of the posts I've read I wonder. I believe the original argument started over whether Janitrol were considered junk or not. Who cares!!! Personnaly I like them a lot better than some other brands. So What,that's my opinion, you have yours. Who is going to prove either of us right or wrong. To say someone else is bad doesn't make you good, only that he is bad. Everyone competes to an extent. As we get older we refine ourselves. Years ago if a person called me a stupid ass I would try and rip his face off. Now I smile and say I must be, I'm standing here listening to you. Some people like to blow their own horn. A true professional lets other people blow his horn for him,he doesn't have too. I navigate a lot of posts without making a reply, some I agree with and some I don't. That's just the way it is. It doesn't matter what we do think or say here the final opinion is actually in the hands of the homeowner. If they think you and your product is good they tell all their friends and neighbors.And if they think you and your products are junk they really tell everybody!!! So take a chill pill before you get stessed out and need chest monitors.

Post Likes
    Wow, a journeymen in 3 years, impressive, to someone.

You'd think brand bashing would have been done to death by now.

Post Likes
    There have been many models of many brands, including brands that I have sold, installed or repped for, that I have just not taken well too.

One brand comes to mind as to having control boxes so damned tight and deep that doing any wiring or diagnostics was like building a ship in a bottle; I hated that, others never have a problem with it.

Then there's the brand that made some of their outdoor units so damned high that trying to work on the heavier then average compressor down inside of that coil was a real pain to me. Other techs had methods that let them do these things all day long without a problem.

In the case of our preferences, it really is like Ford-Chevy-Dodge...what is comfortable and works for some, is a pain in the butt for others.

A good, well rounded tech can get past any of these differences without whining about brands.
    Training is important!

Senior Tech Guest
    Okay Robo as your self appointed political advisor I must advise you what the deal is...This is not about brands at all. This is obviously someone working for the opposition...that yet unnamed individual who will dare try to win the presidential election by virtue of using mud slinging and unsavory tactics...begone you troll, we will not stoop to your level of distasteful campaign tactics! We will win this campaign based on integrity and honesty...and honestly...you ain't got a chance so slither away back to your slimy rock and climb back under it! And remember...
    IT'S ONLY 4 YEARS!

Post Likes
    well said my brother....and why the hell do they allow posts that started a meaningless thread like this one???????????

Post Likes
    Originally posted by too tall terry
    well said my brother....and why the hell do they allow posts that started a meaningless thread like this one???????????

Terry, you cannot have good posts without having bad posts...I guess.

Post Likes
    Can't fight arrogance nor ignorance. The better person avoids it.
    meanwhile, back at the ranch.....

Post Likes
    I must thank all of my campaign managers and supporters for keeping me safe from the commie bastard competition that would do anything to not see President RoBo in the white House for four years.
    Training is important!

Post Likes
    what happened to the OP??? i went and made popcorn and everything.
    FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in