Hybrid View

Post Likes

I live in Winnipeg, Canada, where -35C temperatures are not unusual through the winter months. As such, I want to ensure that I choose a contractor wisely for the installation of a new furnace. Can anyone make some suggestions as to how I (as a non-HVAC person) will know whether someone knows what they are talking about? For instance, are there specific questions that I should be asking? Thanks!

SE Michigan
    Post Likes
    Ask friends or family if they can recomend someone. Tell them that you are interested in a new heating system and that you would like a load calculation done to determine the proper size equipment for your home. Get two or three estimates from licensed and insured mechanical contractors and make sure a permit is pulled and the job gets inspected.
    “Now the freaks are on television, the freaks are in the movies. And it’s no longer the sideshow, it’s the whole show. The colorful circus and the clowns and the elephants, for all intents and purposes, are gone, and we’re dealing only with the freaks.” - Jonathan Winters

Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Post Likes