Carbon Monoxide Detector unit?
    I'm looking to get a good carbon monoxide detector that can detect low levels of carbon monoxide. Where can I get it??

Thanks...

The low level monitors we sell are the NSI 3000 from the National Comfort Institute.

Check out http://www.nationalcomfortinstitute.com for a list of contractors in your area.
    Have you set up a Google alert for Carbon Monoxide yet?
    Click here to find out how.

Originally posted by davidr
    The low level monitors we sell are the NSI 3000 from the National Comfort Institute.

Check out http://www.nationalcomfortinstitute.com for a list of contractors in your area.
    davidr,

Thanks for the info...I called one of the NCI contractor from the website near my area. Here's what he said. NCI??? What is that? oh man! He didn't even know what a NCI 3000 was? So, I thought maybe I called the wrong #. Nope, the guy said they are HVAC store. I had to explain to him what a NCI was.
    He has been in business for 11 years but didn't know he was NCI contractor. Go figure..

Many times the contractors are listed because they went to one of the classes they offer,it might not have been the CO class they attended.

You might want to call NCI & ask them for a reference in your area, I can't believe the guy forgot he went to one of their classes.

Some people.

I would recomend a Nighthawk Mod # KN-COEG-3 or similar upgraded model. It plugs in,has battery backup, lists CO in part per million, has an explosive gas alarm as well. Go to Home Depot.
    never say never

Any alarm that you choose which has a UL 2034 rating on it is not designed to alarm at low levels.

There are only 2 monitors on the market that will go off at low levels they are the NSI 3000 & Co Experts 2004.

davidr,

Thank you....I will call NSI. The current one that I have is a Nighthawk calibrated at 200ppm which is way too high.

Any opinions on the American Sensors line of CO detectors? They seem to be easier to get than the other 2 brands you suggested (although I havent called an installer yet).

I noticed coexperts.com had some stories about what type of detectors to buy, they referred to Dicon Global which is actually the manufacturer of American Sensors equipment.

Thanks!
    -Chris

Outdoors levels for CO are not allowed to exceed 35ppm.
    OSHA levels in factories are not allowed to exceed 50ppm.
    Parking garages are not allowed to be over 35ppm.
    UL 2034 CO detectors allow 69ppm indefinitely in your home and never have to go off. CO is lighter than air. Most plugs are near the floor and may not see the CO. Alarms need to be eye level-no higher/no lower.
    captain CO

Jim Why eye level? What is wrong with a ceiling mount.
    I have really learned a lot from your posts.

I've also heard ceiling if fine. Why eye level?

i think he meant nose/mouth level.
    that would be understandable