Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Technically his interpretation stands no matter what the intent of the code is.

Now think about this: If you really really need to kill power QUICKLY (like fire or your customer being electrocuted etc..) you definetaly don't want to search up and down a breaker panel hoping you find the right one. I agree with that there should be a dedicated disconnect for the a/c no matter what the code book says.
    "And remember my sentimental friend......that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others" - Wizard of Oz.

Now think about this: If you really really need to kill power QUICKLY (like fire or your customer being electrocuted etc..) you definetaly don't want to search up and down a breaker panel hoping you find the right one. I agree with that there should be a dedicated disconnect for the a/c no matter what the code book says.
    Hence the NEC cap on the number of disconnects on a strucutre at 6. You must be able to cut power from a service with a max of 6 throws. You don't have to search.

Oh, based on where the outside disconnect usually gets placed, if there's a fire or a electrocution that the AC disconnect will stop, do you really want to get close enough to throw it?

If a inspector wants a disconnect,put the stupid thing in, what's it cost $10.00. Is it worth the grief he can subject you to on the rest of your jobs. Needed or un-needed isn't open to debate. He has the magic pencil. Do you really want to take the chance of ticking him off.

Wink

Thanks yall for your insight. I agree put disconnect in, why piss-off inspector. I think it looks more professional anyway.

Thanks again,
    STUD

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12