Hi all. I am going to be having my gas furnace, thermostat, and air conditioner replaced with new Carrier systems in the next couple weeks and I am inexperienced in finding a contractor. I am planning on using BGE home (Baltimore Gas and Electric) but am afraid of having a couple of green 17 year olds show up with my new unit. What should I ask of the company, and should I demand a certain amount of experience or training from the technicians that are sent?

Thank you.

Normally utilties will subcontract making it a challenge to check out your installers. Not sure if you have any say in who comes or not. Talk to the salesman. One reason why better not to deal with a utility, many of whom compete unfairly with local contractors.

Baltimore? Maybe Robotequilla can tell you more.

Robotequila?

How do I get a hold of Robotequila? I'm in Ellicott City, 12 miles from Baltimore. Thanks!

He'll find you

The only thing that I can recommended, is that you ask for a list of references...
    Do as I say, not as I do

its really best to deal directly with a reputable contractor especially if friends or neighbors have recommended them to you. The utility companies (and places like Home Depot) are just middlemen. they don't really do anything except sit back and take their slice of the pie. this means the work often costs more than it would if you dealt directly with the contractor.