How to light the Thin-Boy Pilot light

Hello,

I just moved into a house and it has an old blue Western Thin-Boy furnace. It was on and worked when I moved in, but I had to turn off the gas to install a dryer. Now the pilot is out. I can't see where it actually is. I think it is way inside. I tried sticking a match on a wire following the gas line, but I can't see what I am doing. Perhaps the pilot light is inside the big tube where the gas goes into the furnace (about 1 foot long, turning up at the end into a 2" openning)?

Does anyone know how to light the pilot light on a Thin-Boy?

Much appreciated,

Dan

Also, could you please post some pictures of the furnace itself, and of the inside? I like seeing old HVAC equipment still in use.
    Last edited by BaldLoonie; 07-13-2011 at 06:01 PM. Reason: removed DIY advice

Sorry we can't help you with that. I'd guess this thing is rather long in the tooth (ancient) so it probably would be wise to have a pro check it out and if sound, show you how to light it.

I've seen and worked on a lot of differant furnaces but I have never seen a "thin boy".
    Would it be possible to take some pictures of it(the more the merrier) and post them here?
    Its a long shot but if we see it we might know how to light the pilot.
    I love old equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by REP View Post
    I've seen and worked on a lot of differant furnaces but I have never seen a "thin boy".
    Would it be possible to take some pictures of it(the more the merrier) and post them here?
    Its a long shot but if we see it we might know how to light the pilot.
    I love old equipment.
    Well, I'll try... It is probably 1950's, when the house was built. It is bright blue!

Here's the only thing I found online (from a few years ago):
    http://www.justanswer.com/hvac/1wu1e...eed-light.html